Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ignition/fuel cut...on stock boost

WJM

Yah, and it's really annoying going up a hill. Hmmmm, Gas tank. Will look into, thx.

Simon

is it doing the cut out/hesitation every second/half a second like you just stated?

that sounds like a rusty gas tank. My GL-10 had that issue. the fix was a new/nearly new used gask tank.

okay, so i get fuel cut in my car, often, when i'm in gear, low boost, high boost, little throttle, wot, whenever. No time limit to it, nothing. And its no 1/4 second fuel cut either, its close to a full second, i guess my car is a rare occasion though, most other cars i've been in that get fuel cut are not as bad as mine is. I'm wondering if what your experienceing is truely fuel cut...because its so regular, i'm going to assume it is. your ecu refernces fuel cut from your maf, i think peak range on these maf's is something like 5volt, so if you were to see say 4.25 volts for a certint amount of time...the ecu will cut fuel. so theoreticaly assuming i'm all correct here, you could make a run to radio shack and pick up a few resistors to cap the out going voltage of your maf at say 4v...im not sure on this though, its a theory...

alright, thats my thoughts on it, i'm also struggling with this one too, let me know what you find.