Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Off road trials around seattle

subestyle18

I just got my 83 4wd wagon up and running and now i want to take it off road and play in some dirt. It's pretty stock except for 15 pugs and slightly bigger tires, i was wondering if their are any good trails around Seattle or the eastside (i live i woodinville) that i wouldn't get in to too much trouble at. I know about reiter pit but all the pictures seem a little exteam for a stock wagon.

Thanks David

Me too, I have to drive a long way from everett to get into some trails that are challenging, but not likely to be fatal to my stock wagon. I am hoping to use the christmas holiday break to install my lift kit so I can put on the big meats, but until then I don't want to go broke on gas for the highway driving.

A few minutes from Snoqualmie, WA there's a fun gravel pit that's kind of like a skate park for Subarus. It's been closed off for years but was open when I went out to play two weekends ago. It's located on the North Fork Snoqualmie River Road, just a mile or so from the gate and end of the paved road. This is like straight west of Mount Si, if that helps. Not a huge play area but a fun detour if you're in the area and need a hill climbing fix.