Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well the wife gave me the green light to get a rally cross subaru!!

As long as she gets to drive also! :grin:

I found a 92 Turbo Sedan, 5 spd, 185k.

Any particulars I should be aware of on them?

LS rear was only available on 91 correct?

Just got back from driving it.

Engine felt strong, but smoke from passenger side of engine.

Is there a seal to the turbo there?

Also cv noise on that side, so it could be just grease but when parked it left a dime to quarter sized leak on that size.

Body pretty bad, had been hit in the middle and someone pulled the hood back out and used sheet metal screws to hold the front end together.

Needs new brake pads, pwr mirrors do not work, windshield made wind noise at speed.

Ect.

He is asking 1500 and I offered him 500, he walked away. I am thinking on making him sit on it for a few days and then going back with 750??

Just got back from driving it.

Engine felt strong, but smoke from passenger side of engine.

Is there a seal to the turbo there?

Also cv noise on that side, so it could be just grease but when parked it left a dime to quarter sized leak on that size.

Body pretty bad, had been hit in the middle and someone pulled the hood back out and used sheet metal screws to hold the front end together.

Needs new brake pads, pwr mirrors do not work, windshield made wind noise at speed.

Ect.

He is asking 1500 and I offered him 500, he walked away. I am thinking on making him sit on it for a few days and then going back with 750??

I wish I was closer, I'd offer him $1000, but would also be willing to go the asking price if he absolutely wouldn't back down. There is one of these in great condition in Tacoma, he wants $2800 for it (which is a very good price). A few market price for one in good condition (which all the things you mentioned here fixed) would be between $3500 and $4000. I could easily spend $1500 gettin the car in great shape and still make money.

I wish I was closer, I'd offer him $1000, but would also be willing to go the asking price if he absolutely wouldn't back down. There is one of these in great condition in Tacoma, he wants $2800 for it (which is a very good price). A few market price for one in good condition (which all the things you mentioned here fixed) would be between $3500 and $4000. I could easily spend $1500 gettin the car in great shape and still make money.

Really? I am not that familiar with the Turbo Legacies.

He got the car from the auto actution and it is in ruff shape.

Do these turbos last very long? It has 185k but runs very strong and the shifts very well, not the typical 3rd gear grind up and down.

How rare is the silver color?

The seal that is probably leaking is the camshaft seal on the rear of the head. This operation is very time consuming, requires removal of the exhaust and turbocharger to get to the seal.

The problem isnt limited to Turbo models but the PITA factor is limited to turbo models for sure. I did one on a NA model in about 5-7 minutes.