Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Most embarassing place you've been stuck in your Ru?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:01 AM

Well one day I was following my friend home from work and there is this nice 90 degree gravel corner that we rally all the time. Well today he went a little to fast. He had a perfect slide going but just to fast. So he slid a 180 in mid air into the ditch. Well a lady that was coming down the road saw it and called the police. So the police came and my friend got a careless driving ticket, and the officer called AAA towing which costed my friend 120 bucks.:banghead: Anyway he was REALLY stuck.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Amazingly enough there was almost no body damage. I know if it was anything besides a subaru there would be a lot of body damage.

#52 KStretch55

KStretch55

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Boise County

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:47 AM

I don't think I've ever been stuck, in my subarus. (knock on wood) But, just this morning on my way to work I came upon one of my neighbors. His Outback was in the ditch, so I turned around to see I could help. Turns out that he saw some deer crossing ahead of him and was slowing down to give them time to cross. When he touched the brake pedal he heard a loud POP, the car began to shudder and he lost all braking. Well, he missed the deer and ended up in the ditch. Didn't look like he had any body damage, but apparently the left front brake caliper attach points failed. The caliper came loose and rattled around inside that nice alloy wheel, breaking large chunks of the wheel off in the process. OUCH!!

I towed him out of the ditch with my '92 Loyale, parked his car in a nearby driveway and gave him a lift home.

#53 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

not really stuck... but embarrassing all the same...

going over the backside of Mt. Hood last winter in some 33 degree packed snow (slippery @#$%). Decided to do a 'Brake test'. well, ended up perpindicular to the road with the tail in the ditch, nose pretty high.

Put it 4-Lo, pulled out, and kept on going :banana:

#54 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

I backed my loyale off an embankment at my garadge. It was a steep slope, so the floorpans hit the brink of it as the back wheels went down with me standing on the brakes. I just went too far back and the dropoff was closer than I thought. I tried driving out, but the back wheels were hanging and too much of the weight was behind the point if was bottomed, so the front wheels just spun. I had to get my dad to pull with his tractor while I ran the car to get it out.
Even more embarrasing: I went off the same slope the same way, but hit the brakes sooner the next week! Same deal with the floorpans stopping the car from going down. I couldn't bring myself to get the tractor again, so I used the jack and the spare tire to get traction on one of the back wheels and got out. I never park over there anymore, it's just too risky.

#55 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,847 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:34 AM

Pictures are worth a thousand words as a wise man once said... too bad I don't have his wisdom:lol:

http://usmb.net/gallery/Stuckruss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users