Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Tires Worn on Outside?

Doing a visual on my rear tires and noticed they are worn excessively on the outside of the tire. Insides are still almost new. This is on both rear tires.

Is this an alignment problem? Can I adjust the rear towers in anyway to compensate or better bringing to a dealer (don't trust them anymore).

Something bent? I folded my rear seats and filled the whole back of the sube with booze up to almost the roof. Could this have bent or misaligned something? There is no roughness in driving so I hope nothing like the axle is bent. No accidents or sliding into curbs either.

Could this possibly this be normal? I searched and others seem to have wear on insides in the rear and not the outside.

TIA,

daja.

Have an alingment, then make sure to rotate your tires every 6500 miles. You didn't say what year of Subaru, but on the 00 and newer Outbacks the rear tires will start cupping if not rotated. Then when they are rotated to the front the cupping will cause steering wheel shake at highway speeds.