Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Minneapolis Mud

hehe, you guys know where the king of diamonds(strip club) in inver grove heights is?

my dads shop is right across the street from there, and i'll be there finishing stripping of my xt6. and getting the motor started on a hoist. hopefully.

theres some mud over that way, morganm can confirm this hopefully. also theres nice pizza shop right next door. never been to the strip club tho.

otherwise where are you guys goin?

Maybe we could meet up there at the shop then go somewhere? I know a couple easy trails right near there. Used to take my 2WD GL and Legacy wagons down there when I lived in West Saint Paul. KoD is off Concord Ave. in Invergrove Hieghts. Take 494 too Concord Ave (just before river bridge) and exit. Go south into Invergrove Heights. KoD is on your left a few miles; cant miss it. Pizza / Sub shop is directly accross the street on your right; just park there.

I actually dunno what is planned for my family SAT. I'll have to talk to my wife and see if I'm open. It's Thanksgiving time so we MIGHT be going to someones house.

I like that idea, though the places I was thinking are more out west, I think you'd enjoy the swamp at my friends place :brow:, but anyway, sounds good.
Hey, I am up for going all over the place, I have all sorts of time. But what I dont have is a subaru that will make it up to the twin cities. So look for the guy driving and orange dakota with a bag on his head. (taking a dodge to a subaru outing, how embarassing!)

Hey, I am up for going all over the place, I have all sorts of time. But what I dont have is a subaru that will make it up to the twin cities. So look for the guy driving and orange dakota with a bag on his head. (taking a dodge to a subaru outing, how embarassing!)

It's cool man I got room for a spotter in my Subaru. Hey and your seat will be the one FULLY bolted to the unibody! Driver's seat isnt so fancy.... maybe Archemitis can weld it in before we leave the shop! :lol:

What's wrong with your Subaru?

What's wrong with your Subaru?

Well, I went to jack up the Brat the other night, and the jack started to bust through the subfarme due to rust. :( I think it is clost to the end of the road for that one, more details on Saturday. And as for the '83 wagon, I just dont think it's fast enough to keep up with traffic on the 4-lanes. However, one of these days, I will barrow the father in laws trailer and bring one up. So what time is everyone meeting? I am looking forward to it! Kurt

I'm coming, with a carload, and probably at least one more (non-subie guys, but they love mud/cars/pizza), we'll be leaving here around 11:15, which should get us over there about noon, maybe a bit earlier. I'll be following Morgan's directions, which sound pretty clear, so I'll see y'all in the morn!

Today was a BLAST!

I"m so gald you all came out. We had three black wagons, one silver xt6, a green Impreza, and a green Jeep Safari out at the meeting. A total of 11 people I belive; 12? after Tony's dad came! Most stuck around and went offroading at a local splash spot. Only about 2 obsticals worth mentioning. HOpefully Numbchux can get his friend to uplaod or send the photos and movie clips. That little Impreza and XT6 went everywhere and hit most every thing! Everyone told me to floor it more... I was just putting around like nothing :-p Sure was fun out there in the fresh snow and mud. Can't wait to have another MN Meet and Greet!

Thanks !_!

Agreed!!! That was much better than we are usually able to find around here! We all had a great time. I left my cable/card reader in Duluth, so the pics and videos (mostly vids!) will come Monday/tuesday when I have time. I don't think we even did any damage, beyond broken fog light on the impreza.

i wish i would have seen this earlier, i just bought a 86 gl10 TUrbo. I would have been there in my gsx though (the subaru isnt driving yet). Maybe we can have another meet sometime this winter and go rip it up somewhere...

It would have been fun, elcaminokurt stopped in for a while in his dakota, it was nice to meet him. We had a great time, there a post somewhere about a meet when Austin comes in to town.

E-mailed you the rest of the vids, Morgan!