Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

estimated value

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_spottedrock_*

Guest_spottedrock_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 1999 - 06:33 PM

Sadly I recently lost my 1978 Subaru Brat to a vicious vandalism attack. My problem is that the insurance company wants me to declare a value and I have neveer seen another one for sale. It was a 1978 Subaru Brat PU, complete with canopy and rear seats. While it was not in showroom condition, it was far from poor. Any assistance in establishing a value would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Guest_ShawnW_*

Guest_ShawnW_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 1999 - 06:52 PM

Sometimes you have to figure this stuff out by finding a replacement that is similar enough that the insurance company will go for it. Maybe a slightly newer subaru of similar options, like an 86 one. If they go for it youd be looking at quite an upgrade! Thanks-good luck. SHAWNW

#3 Guest_GeoffreyR_*

Guest_GeoffreyR_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 1999 - 06:57 PM

If this helps any, when Rich and I were running around yesterday we saw an '80 BRAT for sale, canopy, no jump seats..... the dealer wanted $2700 for it (a bit steep) but it's a place to start.

#4 Guest_richierich_*

Guest_richierich_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 1999 - 07:30 PM

I have one for sale tell them I want $2000 and I will tell them it is in any condition you like.

#5 Guest_TWOROO_*

Guest_TWOROO_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 1999 - 08:04 PM

Ihave a 78 Brat with seats and topper. You couldn't buy it for less than $2000. There is a very rusty one near me the guy wants $900 for and it doesn't run. Marty

#6 Guest_bratsrus1_*

Guest_bratsrus1_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 1999 - 08:20 PM

Hi Spottedrock If the insurance company you are having a problem with and you have full coverage on it.Then they have two choies 1 pay a fair value for it by getting three sale prices or replace it with another one that meets your aprovel.If the insurance com. says no go tell them you will talk to a lawyer you have the right to do that. Jerry

#7 Guest_joeyrsmith_*

Guest_joeyrsmith_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 1999 - 11:32 AM

I had a ins co. problem just like yours last year, but with a chevy. I hate ins co's they want your money but never support the people who pay them the money. Anyway, I was getting nowhere with them on a settlement, so i hired my own car apparaiser for $75. He wrote out a great valuation for my vehicle. Surprize, suprize what was once a insulting $400 settlement, turned into a $2200 settlement. Goodluck

#8 Guest_reoff_*

Guest_reoff_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 1999 - 01:49 PM

Don't let them screw around. Tell them you want $2,500, and if they give you a hard time, tell them you will be contacting a lawyer, and the state Insurance Commissioner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users