Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
my wagon is back! MAJOR moldy pics inside
Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:53 PM
i picked up a vapor mask and some golves and dove into it. so so far i removed all the trash/objects from the car. i pulled out the seats..ive tore up all the carpeting too..it's all going in the trash. tom. going to chuck the seatbelts and some other random pieces as well. Scrubing everything down with bleach..hopefully this will be able to get rid of it all. as mold can be very dangerous to a person..here's a couple pics...if anyone has any suggestions regarding cleanup i wouldn't mind hearing them..my steps are:throw everything out, scub down with bleach, air out, rebuild
Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:55 PM
and you said you had it towed back... so its STILL not running???
Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:43 PM
heh, i like that lone air freshner. nice touch.
"You'll find one of these in every car" (from the movie Repo Man)
Mine had one when I got it, maybe subconsciously why I bought it.
- James B
Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:53 PM
I don't think that most molds indigenous to wet car interiors are particularly nasty. Use PPE during cleaning for sure, but don't need to get too obsessive about the cleaning. A dry car interior is pretty much a dead zone for the fungal kingdom. I believe that a good cleaning with soapy water, and a little bleach, followed by a really good drying will take care of things.
Had a little experience...
Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:04 PM
I'd be careful about the bleach too... Bleach will eat the fabric. You got to wash that bleach out or it will just keep eating...
What about upholstry/fabric cleaner and a spray on disinfectant? Lysol
82 SubaruHummer--once lost a 1/2 gal of milk in the back seat......
01 Forester--no spills so far...
Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:41 PM
Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:50 PM
Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:56 PM
Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:05 PM
So what the heck caused this, did you leave the sunroof open in a downpore? Did that once and it soaked everything.
he doesn't have a sunroof since the subs would prolly blow it out like a cork:D
Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:00 PM
Posted 23 November 2004 - 01:31 AM
Posted 23 November 2004 - 01:51 AM
the NW USA has some of the worst mold species in the country, I've heard.
I'd throw all of that crap away and get an interior out of a GL10.
and WHAT HAPPENED?
Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:11 AM
Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:30 AM
.john allready solved the "variable compression" issue and installed new cams.
a stock intake monifold did not change anything, next i guess i need to swap out ECU's to see if thats the problem...
im going to start a seperate trouble shooting thread
Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:49 AM
Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:58 AM
UMMMM... is this supposed to be a recipe for how to steam-cook the interior?
... Get a space heater, put the car in a garage or under a carport. Seal up the car as tight as you can and leave the space heater running for 2-3 days. Voila...no more mold.
Seems to me that with it totally sealed what you might end up with is jungle conditions of heat and humidity. Or do you figure that "tight as you can" still leaves you with plenty of leaks? I like to leave the windows down a crack...
Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:44 AM
What the hell dude...I wondered if you were still alive!
I'm coming to your house today....NUFF SAID!
Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:38 PM
Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:04 PM
Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:11 PM
drives out all the oxygen no oxygen then mst molds and bad smells die out
lemme know i got all ya need
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users