Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my impreza is playing up most of the time it boosts to 14psi but occasionally it will only boost to 8psi has anyone any ideas cause it is annoying?

Some more information on your car would be helpful. Year, model designation (WRX, WRX RA, WRX STi....) Also, is it only when in a specific gear?

Keith

Some more information on your car would be helpful. Year, model designation (WRX, WRX RA, WRX STi....) Also, is it only when in a specific gear?

Keith

its a wrx 1992 the problem exists threw out every gear the car is an import, i have had the coil packs changed, a regular full service. i am not sure what else i can tell you

I'm not familiar enough with that car, but what is the boost pressure supposed to be? In other words I'm not sure if it's overboosting sometimes, or under boosting sometimes. Either way it sounds like something with the wastegate control. Have you ever driven the car with the windows down while this happens? I'm wondering if maybe you have an intermittant exhaust leak before the turbo that would cause it not to build up enough boost.

Just throwing things out there to think about.

Keith