Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Thanksgiving Weekend Projects

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 DrKrazy

DrKrazy

Which one to drive today?

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Golden

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:28 PM

Got yours planned? Well I have my engine basically all done. Will button up some last minute stuff, and change the oil again etc. So thought I might try and tackle my MR2 IC this weekend or get some miles on the car if it doesn't snow too much..So what are you guys up to or working on this weekend?

Posted Image

#2 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:40 PM

This weekend I'm putting a rebuilt trans back in my Suburban, I wouldn't say its a fun job but its not nearly as hard as it was to write the check for it. I could have bought 3 or 4 good Subes for the price of this thing. :-\

Gary

#3 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:12 PM

Well, let's see, I plan to replace my ticking clock with a quiet digital one, need to see if I have enough threads left after I put the spacers on my snow wheels, then go up to the mountains with the Northwest crew to hunt the elusive Xmas trees.

#4 stngllhm

stngllhm

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Casper

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:14 PM

absulatly nothing and it feels so good<g>

#5 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:37 PM

I swaped a dizzy this morning hoping it would fix my elusive missfire..... didnt seem to help much :banghead:

Hope your guys projects go better!

#6 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:42 PM

Take the hood scooped wagons hood and clean all the oil from it, sand it down...paint it white, and put it on the RX, and install the WRX IC stuff on the RX if i get unlazy and the wind stops blowing outside.

#7 stngllhm

stngllhm

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Casper

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:43 PM

Take the hood scooped wagons hood and clean all the oil from it, sand it down...paint it white, and put it on the RX, and install the WRX IC stuff on the RX if i get unlazy and the wind stops blowing outside.

what ever happened to not moddind the rx

#8 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:55 PM

what ever happened to not moddind the rx

I autox'ed it. "Wheres the damned power!??!?! :banghead: " I forgot how slow a stock EA82T engine is. It handled great...but...no balls. The exh, and intake stuffs fix that.

After the IC in on properly, thats the end of mods for the engine until i can get a MS+DIS unit worked out perfectly and able to tune it.

The rest of the work will be on suspension/handling/brakes/tire-wheel combo.

#9 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:31 PM

going to see if changing the wagon's timing belts holds a miracle cure for bad compression :rolleyes:

#10 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,383 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:36 PM

helping baccaruda and laughing cause i have a lifted brat(that i can't drive yet)..........and then helping him some more.cause it's at my house....bastard
his car that is.....

#11 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,852 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

Working on putting a gas tank into the RX (the old one is out, the new one is ready to go in), replace the waterpump since mine is shot, put some gas in it and fire her up, tune her up, and go to work for holiday pay + overtime so I'm gonna make BANK!!!!

#12 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:03 PM

Well lets see finish wiring up the KC's I have on the 83 now :) (installed the bumper that I modified for fitting the KC's on yesterday before work), Change wheels and tires around again on said 83, Change oil in the 04 (putting synthetic in with OEM filter), and then have some fun in the mud with the 83 finaly :)

#13 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:21 PM

wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective just to get another scoop for the RX?

#14 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:23 PM

wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective just to get another scoop for the RX?

No. That woudl cost time and $ which i have neither of...and I'd ruin another perfectly good hood. :drunk:

The one on the wagon is an experimental hood...when i figure out how to mount an STi scoop on the hood and make it look IMMACUALTE...then i will start to cut up a good hood to do so....plus the IC keeps changing underhood positions...so...would not make sense to cut up hoods...jsut make one fit all until its all perminant. lol

#15 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,956 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:44 PM

Start with seeing if I can find my garage floor again. I have stuff laying all over the place in there. Been wrenching on other peoples cars, and just tossing the old parts in the door. Been working long hours at work, so "free time" is rather limited, hence the making of the disaster in the garage.

Then, it's pulling the heads on the '84. Snapped off the manifold bolts attempting EA-82 manifold & Weber swap. Found a set of heads on E-Bay for $50.00 shipped to my door.

See if I can locate another rear axle for the '95 Dodge Ram I own. It's howling, not real bad, but howling gears aren't good. R & P is worn, spiders are loose on cross-pin. Just plain cheaper and easier to swap whole axle.

Slap a new muffler on Wife's Grand Am. She don't like the nice throaty rumble that the holey one under it is giving off.

Put some plastic up on a couple windows on the house. Was planned to get new ones in over the summer. Not with the hours I've been working..... So, it's plastic time....

Get the plowblade and chains mounted on the rider, and get it fired up and running. Should've had that done already, seeing as we got dumped on Wednesday night. Only about 3 - 4", but I'm to old to be shoveling that stuff anymore. That, and the driveway is to big for shovel work, need powered equipment. I can park 10 - 12 vehicles side by side in it, that's big......

#16 pwoens

pwoens

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Spokane

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:55 AM

pull a motor....pull the heads off...paint a canopy.....be entertained watchin some locals try and put a timing belt in :lol:

#17 subaru7

subaru7

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Veneta

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:49 AM

Mounting a wench, Changing the PS front CV axle and might go see what Mudrat is doing.

#18 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:19 AM

Messed with the heater in the buggy so it blows HOT air instead of COLD air. Not going to have a hot cold switch. Going to be left on HOT and cable removed! The buggy has plenty of cold air available without the heater.

Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#19 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:19 PM

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=25737

#20 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

er27 into hatch! runin by sunday night! thats the plan anyway

#21 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

er27 into hatch! runin by sunday night! thats the plan anyway

That's gonna be sick! Do you think it would spin all 4?

#22 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:08 PM

That's gonna be sick! Do you think it would spin all 4?

maybe three(two rear, and one front) but only with the 13s on it. but at first, its only gonna be rear, so two will spin for sure!=]

#23 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:40 AM

dude pics, get some pics man.....please?

#24 maximumBRAT

maximumBRAT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Berthoud

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:57 AM

Working.. chamois-ing some more frozen vehicles. mmmm... (driving sunfires=yay? NO)

I need to get money to fund the cool projects to do on the weekends..

#25 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,105 posts
  • WA

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:29 AM

Replacing the front bumper, right headlight bucket and hood on my XT6. I have decided that replacing the bumper was a bad bad bad idea. I have a bra for it and should have used it, but it was slightly hit on the right side and was pushed up and in. This caused the right light bucket to not operate all the way open, which pointed the light at the ground in front of the car. If anyone ever thinks of doing this to thier XT, I suggest a big dose of patience and time. I wont get into the gruesome details, unless you plan on doing it (PM me). But lets just say it almost requires a full disassembly of the front of the car. That, and putting the studs on the T-Wagon for the Xmas tree run tomorrow. And the RX sits, still :-\ Waiting for $$ to do a legit transplant.
Oh, and relax some playing with the puppy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users