Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does any place sell new carpet kits for the EA82

• 2 years later...

Figured I'd bump this 3-year old thread rather than start a new one ... gotta conserve disk space & all .. hehe :-\

Bump :brow:

So yeah ... I called JC Whitney & they said they'd "Look into it" and get back to me. Hmm ... maybe.

So i was poking around on the net, and I gotta say - of all the companies out there that come-up on the 1st coupla pages of rearch results when I type in "Auto carpet Replacement" or "Molded Carpet" or things like that, virtually all the places don't even list making them for Subaru. And the ones that do really only seem to do the Impreza ... wow!

Is this for real? Anyone do any decent searching for this? I'd love to power-wash mine, but I got heel marks goin' right thru it ... I'm afraid power washing might disintigrate it.

I'm just having a hard time believing there's not a manufacturer out there virtually at all, when they list jiust about every other vehicle on the plant. Hell, I can even get a kit for Lambo. but no soob? What gives? :confused:

yeah ... I have one of those "auto emails" that emails me when the words "Carpet" and "Loyale" come up in the same listing ..

its been a year now ...no emails, hehe.

I'll try Australia

did you check the box for "search titles AND descriptions?" It returns a lot more "bad" results, but you are more guaranteed of finding what you are looking for IF it is out there...

On a side note...if your carpet doesnt have any holes but is just very dirty and stained..this works well for cleaning it:

pull it from the car..soak it with water and laundry detergent...for greasy spots spray with Simple Green..or any de-greaser use a scrub brush and brush the bad areas..keep it wet ( forgot to mention...HOT water on the greasy spots.. Then take a pressure washer ( mine is 1500 psi) and spray it...I hung mine up to do this so all the dirt would wash down and away...ONLY spray from the non padded side. Do this till the water runs clear...any spots that remain..retreat..you can even scrub in some GoJo hand cleaner or the likes ( it even works on getting grease out of clothes). spray off again...If you want to soften it up during drying...If you have on of those soap attachements for the power washer..mix 1/4 -1/3 full of liquid fabric softener and fill the rest with water and spray on well...( this also makes the carpet smell good) hang it up and let it dry.Once dry take a clean scrub brush and brush the nap back up and re-install..I have dont this trick a few times without any problems..just did it to the new/used carpet for my XT6 and it turned out beautiful. Like Subaru seats ..their carpets hold up well.

• 1 year later...

I gotta admit ... I did exactly that just now ... had been procrastinating for a LONG time ... just vacuuming it, spraying on some 'Fabreeze' from time to time ...

BUT - last Friday, we got almost EIGHT INCHES of rain in a 24 our period ... and GUESS WHO left his windows open? Hmm? C'mon - GUESS! Haha!

Anyway, after bailing it out, shop-vac'in it 100 times ... couple days later - Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! Naaaaaaaaaaasty! Mold had totally taken over ... completely. The smell was literally making me sick. Daaayum!

So ... I took the plunge. Side trim-covers out, center console, under-dash tray, seats out, lap belts out, then the back seat (btw - what with that mystery-wrench hidden in there?) … came out pretty well – only hitch was that duct/pipe @ the passenger’s seat that I still don’t know what is … anyway – I got a 30-gallon trash can, filled it with hot water, some serious carpet cleaning solution (the stuff they use in those truck-mounted cleaners) & let it soak in there overnight. Then I draped it over the car, got out the step-ladder & power-washed the CRAP out of it! Wow! I have to admit – I was expecting it to disintegrate – but he’s right – it held-up very well! And I used 3200psi with a 40 degree nozzle – not for the faint of heart. I did the rear carpet this way a couple days ago – took 2 days to dry because of the padding, but that’s ok.

So … then I said “Heyy …. Those seats are lookin’ kinda dingy …” and I took the power washer to them, too back seat bottom, too. I have a feeling they’ll be wet for awhile longer than the carpet! But MAN are they nice & clean!

It was also a good opportunity to check out the integrity of the floorpan – looks pretty good! I’m gonna totally blast it, disinfect it, shop vac it, get it all nice & dry & then hit it with some shaker-can rustoleum for fun. Paint is cheap. Rust is not. Plus, I like the smell of new paint.

Best news - $4.32 in CHANGE!! WOOHOO!!! :banana: And, I'm probably gonna get better gas milage, since I'm not carrying around all the extra weight in pencils, crayon, broken glass, paperclips, french-fries and pop-bottle caps I found un there. YIKES!

So in a couple days ... *IF* the seats are dry enough - I'm on my way. Anything I should hit while I've got it apart? I threw all the plastic in the dishwasher ... nice & shiney! Anyone ever try painting this plastic?

p.s. Coupla loose wires under the passenger’s seat that don’t look like they have matches. Are those options that just never got used?

Also – I’m gonna use some stainless fender washers to replace the 4 grommets in there that hold the carpet down. Any suggestions on replacements for those plastic “expando-anchors” that hold down the raceway trim pieces @ each door? They’re kinda useless & some of them sorta got destroyed coming out.

Edited by Davalos

On the fasteners for the trim pieces,

Try the "HELP" racks at the parts stores, lots of goodies to be found there. And try a couple different stores as they all carry different items.

Thanks - I'm actually thinking about some regular wall-anchors & setting them with epoxy - then using a super pan-head screw for it. I have this stainless steel kick going now - replacing a lot of the visible stuff with stainless ...

She's still out there drying... I'm trying to think of good ways of gettin' those seats to speed-up, hehe!