Ultimate Subaru Message Board

electrical mess, lights, interior, ect.

The best way i like to figure out a problem is to start with the last thing i worked on. that usuallyfixes it. Not this time. I accidentally burned a wire by replacing a fuse that kept blowing with a switch (come on i was 350 miles from home). i cut it loose and ran a'new but my problem still persists.

I noticed something was wrong when my brake lights, interior lights, door ajar switch, cd player, trip computer and automatic seat belts all quit working at the same time. I'll finish my autotech degree this semester, so iam no stranger to automotive electronics, my only two hangups are the subaru dealerships lack of information (iam serious, nobody knew what the **** it was, let alone have a detailed wiring diagerams) and the previous owners hack job of a cd player install and coked up fog light relay.

If anyone has any knowledge that will get me any closer than just not driving, i'll be worlds happier.

You don't state what vehicle you have and what switch caused this to happen. Have you checked the fusible links to see if one of them is blown? It sounds like one of them has been damaged by this. I would assume you have a DVM meter to check the wiring with and know how to check for shorts and clear them.