Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Minnesota Holiday Meet & Greet

Is that were you're at? If so, this pizza shop is on the complete other side of the cities from us, we could caravan over, it's actually alot easier to find than I thought it would be.

well, I'm out of the party, and it looks like we won't be going on a ski trip :(, but that means I'll probably be there

we can work out the details as the time approaches

yeah, i live in excelsior, and austin will be staying with me. would it be convenient for you to meet up with us somewhere before hand?...are you close to the excelsior area? if so..or if you know the area a little...we could meet at the coffee shop i mentioned previously...it is on county road 19 (if that means anything to you)...but i ..er we:-p (austin and i)...are open to other suggestions if it is something you are interested in!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i live in excelsior, and austin will be staying with me. would it be convenient for you to meet up with us somewhere before hand?...are you close to the excelsior area? if so..or if you know the area a little...we could meet at the coffee shop i mentioned previously...it is on county road 19 (if that means anything to you)...but i ..er we:-p (austin and i)...are open to other suggestions if it is something you are interested in!

You mean you don't know where my parents live?!? :banghead: sorry, yea, they live just off of 19 in Maple Plain, we could come down that way, and then cut over to 494. were exactly is this coffee shop? I'm not too terribly familiar with the excelsior/tonka bay area, but my uncle lives there so I have a bit of an idea.

EDIT: well a quick search on whitepages.com found it, I know exactly where that is, and it would be a fine place to meet (assuming of course that I can come). We could just head down to 7, over to 494, then off to Inver Grove Heights.

hehehe

so should we try to go hit up roys? its an hour away, but its ragin offroadin

Might be too high profile right now. Some dork in a Jeep was down there and got stuck. It's officialy closed so ppl getting stuck down there would be a bad thing. Especially for the people trying to get it re-opend this spring :-\

IF we end up doing a bit of off-roadin, and i'm insane enough to actually tag along (which would be fun, of course), is there going to be someone there to pull my 2wd GL outta the snow and mud when I get stuck? Lol.. My cars a beater, so I really don't care what happens to it. :D

IF we end up doing a bit of off-roadin, and i'm insane enough to actually tag along (which would be fun, of course), is there going to be someone there to pull my 2wd GL outta the snow and mud when I get stuck? Lol.. My cars a beater, so I really don't care what happens to it. :D

For sure; I always roll with recovery gear. Never know when you or someone else might need it :) I really don't think you'll get stuck. Those trails I marked is where I used to take my wagon when it was 2WD ;)

hey! dont worry! I am a pro with the offroadin, maybe I can show you how to 2-wheel it hatch patrol style :-p ;)

I'm a little confused, When and where?

Sat. 01 JAN 05, meet between 12:00 and 1:00.

Directions:

Turitto's Pizza

6611 E Concord Blvd

Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076 - 4201

(651) 455-6363

On I-494 exit off at Concord Blvd.

Take Concord Blvd. south into Invergrove Heights.

On your right you will see a yellow sign for Turitto's Pizza and Subs.

On the left accross the rail road tracks is King of Diamonds.

Pull into the pizza shop lot and park by the funny looking Subarus

(Maps are on page 3 of this thread)

I guess thats what its going to be! new years day! (the day the most people have available right?)

well, it looks like I will be in a jeep...(Freddie's father's jeep) and he just said that I am not to damage it, at all... so what would you guys rate this offroad area as far as getting stuck/dents/broken parts? is it a difficult area? or is it just a nice mudhole? :cool:

anone have any pics of the place by chance? ;)

anone have any pics of the place by chance? ;)
nope, no pics.....VIDEO :brow:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photo...&cat=500&page=1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photo...&cat=500&page=1

Impreza dropping in.

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/us..._droping-in.AVI

Impreza tries the rutted side.... naawwww :lol: Then Numbchux drops in the otherside.

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/us...dropping-in.AVI

Numbchux coming up a pretty rutty hill (second attempt and made it!) Then the Impreza came up the other side and shoved some stuff out of the way at the expense of his foglight.... thats offroad'n!

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/us...limbing-duo.AVI

Jeep coming up the easy side (note all the wheel spin :rolleyes: )

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/us...slipping-up.AVI

Me coming up the easy side in Poopenwagen (note the lack of wheel spin? Subaru grip! :grin: )

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/us..._no-problem.AVI [/Quote]

that's pretty much the extent of the obsticles

Two week bump! :D

Austin: An acomplished offroader like yourself will not break anything or get stuck. Especially since everything will be frozen :-p

====================================

Sat. 01 JAN 05, meet between 12:00 and 1:00.

Directions:

Turitto's Pizza

6611 E Concord Blvd

Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076 - 4201

(651) 455-6363

On I-494 exit off at Concord Blvd.

Take Concord Blvd. south into Invergrove Heights.

On your right you will see a yellow sign for Turitto's Pizza and Subs.

On the left accross the rail road tracks is King of Diamonds.

Pull into the pizza shop lot and park by the funny looking Subarus

(Maps are on page 3 of this thread)

oh yaaa.... he he he...

yep!! getting close!! tuesday morning at 6am i should be arriving at the Minneapolis airport... :headbang:

wonder if there will be any snow for me to see there :brow:

Not around the twincities... we are too HOT for snow! :rolleyes:

Sure is a nice thick layer of ice over everything today; hope it melts off before tomarrow cuz this mornings commute was nasty!

I will be on my way to the airport soon... Just doing a final packing and checking stuff before i leave!!!

See you soon in MN!! (tomorrow at 6am I will be landing!!!!)

Hope your flight came in OK Austin.... pretty nasty out there still. Got some snow lastnight and it's still real icy!