Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Minnesota Holiday Meet & Greet

well, Austin is having fun here in the sub zero temps of MN. are we going to meet up at the planned location and time still? who all will be there? Austin and I are planning on it, plus another "jeep guy" (my dad) and some of his friends who got interested in the idea of getting their cars dirty :grin:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep we sure are! Dunno how dirty we will get with everything frozen solid :-p Prolly just get a nice coating of salt on the paint from the roads LOL. Here's the details again for those who missed it:

Sat. 01 JAN 05, meet between 12:00 and 1:00.

Directions:

Turitto's Pizza

6611 E Concord Blvd

Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076 - 4201

(651) 455-6363

On I-494 exit off at Concord Blvd.

Take Concord Blvd. south into Invergrove Heights.

On your right you will see a yellow sign for Turitto's Pizza and Subs.

On the left accross the rail road tracks is King of Diamonds.

Pull into the pizza shop lot and park by the funny looking Subarus

(Maps are on page 3 of this thread)

I don't know if martin/dynapar (from mnsubie) will be there, but chances are, if he shows, it'll be last minute. So Freddie/Austin, you'll probably be better off heading straight out there whenever you want, and watch for a little green impreza. The rest of our group that came last time will be in steamboat.

Numbchux: Sorry yall wont be making but have a fun ski trip !_!

mschafe: I'll be there by noon. Might be just us for that hour but thats cool. You have the Brat right? We'll have fun kicking some tires :)

Everyone: Still should be a good turn out with Austin and crew, mschafe, elcaminokurt, archemitis, myself and... .did I miss anyone? Dynapar is still up in the air but hope he makes it.

TTYL

I will be there for sure with the silver 83 wagon. I have been working all week on getting it ready, and I am looking forward to it. It doesnt have a lift, but it does have a tow strap!:rolleyes: Anyways, I made sure to have my schedual open for that day. And I even got permission form my wife! I said "Woman: I am taking the wagon to the cities on Saturday. And that's that!" Or, at least that's how I wold like remember it going down!:grin: Should be a good time!

I will be there for sure with the silver 83 wagon. I have been working all week on getting it ready, and I am looking forward to it. It doesnt have a lift, but it does have a tow strap!:rolleyes: Anyways, I made sure to have my schedual open for that day. And I even got permission form my wife! I said "Woman: I am taking the wagon to the cities on Saturday. And that's that!" Or, at least that's how I wold like remember it going down!:grin: Should be a good time!

LOL... sure thats exactly how it happend ;)

Tow strap? You are setup then !_! See ya SAT.

Well, now I may not come :( My Suby i'm afraid may be on its last legs. It's starting to burn large amounts of coolent.. mainly on startup after sitting, but lately its been doing it for longer until the engine fully warms up. There isn't any coolent in oil or the other way around, but I can't think of what else it could be besides one of the headgaskets. Anyone have a spare EA82 sitting around??

hmmm... you know i could possibly help offer advice on repair and such if you need it... today I am actually trying to find a party or something to do for Freddie and I for new years... does anyone know if there is a good place to party around here tomorrow night? something cheap/fun?

ive also got someone here who has an '00 outback wagon, and she is thinking of having me or someone (cheper than a dealer or shop) do some work on it.. like T belts and oil pump.. and she needs a clutch.. I would like to see if one of you guys could help us out! tools to borrow for a day, or maybe she would pay one of you for the work if your looking for some side jobs :brow:

Well, now I may not come :( My Suby i'm afraid may be on its last legs. It's starting to burn large amounts of coolent.. mainly on startup after sitting, but lately its been doing it for longer until the engine fully warms up. There isn't any coolent in oil or the other way around, but I can't think of what else it could be besides one of the headgaskets. Anyone have a spare EA82 sitting around??

Damn man.... gotta do what you think is best. Certainly dont want you stranded out there in this weather. With all this rain now we just might be flinging some mud on SAT :slobber: Is the brat your daily or do you have another car to get you around reliably? I know I don't put much faith in any car that eats coolant or lots of oil ;) (or both! been there LOL)

hmmm... you know i could possibly help offer advice on repair and such if you need it... today I am actually trying to find a party or something to do for Freddie and I for new years... does anyone know if there is a good place to party around here tomorrow night? something cheap/fun?
I'm not a big party guy really. Only really go to them if my friends are hosting and I havent heard of any big new years eve shin'dig. Archemitis might have the low down on something. I'll be with family in Eagan; yall are welcome I'm sure but it wont be rage'n LOL just us old folk eating good eats , some card games, and relaxing. It's cheap and fun however :drunk:

(I got lots of Subaru offroad vids of yall we could watch LOL)

I have another car, but it's my baby, and its garaged for the winter ('83 RX7). By the way, I wish I had a Brat, but I have an '85GL (which is good, because Brat's are very rare and I would hate to see one suffering). I just wish there was a big heated garage somewhere I could use to work on this thing... ugh.

Matt

What a downer today. Siezed my water pump on the highway while helping archemitis move some stuff out of his old house. If all goes well we'll swap on a "new" pump tomarrow here at my parents house. If not I guess I'll be rolling up in a KIA :rolleyes: None the less I will be there and there so will lots of other ppl.

TTYL !_!

Well, there is a winter weather advisory in effect today, and it looks like it will hit hard around here with sleet and freezing rain! I hate to admit deffeat to mother nature, but I am going to have to stick around home today.:( I worked so hard on the wagon getting it ready to make the drive, and I was really looking farward to meeting Austin. Major bummer. But i do look farward to seeing pictures, and i will make it next time. Kurt

Had a blast and hope everyone who came did too. Seemed kinda like a dive at first... pizza place was closed (duh why didnt we realize it was New Years Day? Not much open!) So after hanging around for an hour we all went down to DQ.... well DQ was closed but we saw another little diner just a block away that was open. All went in and had a little lunch.

Then took off down to the offroad trails. Everything had froze over again so we didnt get dirty. Lots of frozen rain to make it interesting however! Fuji K in his Impreza sport wagon (with weldied diff! WOOT) was doing some wicked donuts in an open area. All the Impreza's and WRX's did fine offroad. Then we took the SUVs over the table top and made our way over to the mini-hill climb. Took the Jeep up and down that. I think the Jeep guy liked it. He'd never taken it offroad and was happy to 'test out 4 low' :-p

Glad so many people came out. I think we had around 13 people there and 5 or 6 Subarus there, 1 Jeep and 1 4Runner. Thanks for coming and hope to see more next time. :banana: