Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part # for 2.2, 2.5 Coil PAck....SAME?

Hi ALL Again.

I just replaced my wires on my 1997 GT Legacy Wgn, DOHC. Code came back up anyhow.......MISFIRE #2 cylinder. I didn't want to drive it anymore like that....so I put in another Coil Pack! I had to go to the local slavage yard! They told me that the Coils for both the 2.2 AND 2.5 are the SAME?? So I got it,put it in, car runs ok. I've only put 10 miles on it....let's see if code comes back up? Anyhow.....me NOT beleiving salvage yard....I called locole dealer, they say that these parts are NOT the same.......of course this IS the dealer....they WILL say this sort of thing!!!??? SOOooo, here I am typing....and asking!

Well are they??

Many thanks, SubeeTed

Problem solved! This car is 5 months old to me. It had most of the work done by dealer from previous owner. He had the 120K mile service done back in March. Includes 4 NEW plugs! When dealer installed plug #2....it NEVER got seated!!!!! It has made it's way out in the time I've owned it! This was throwing "Misfire #2" code! I replaced the plug wires because of this code....this IS very weird, because in the 125K miles of dealer maintained life, plug wires NEVER changed!! I hate dealers!!

THX gang!

Hi ALL Again.

I just replaced my wires on my 1997 GT Legacy Wgn, DOHC. Code came back up anyhow.......MISFIRE #2 cylinder. I didn't want to drive it anymore like that....so I put in another Coil Pack! I had to go to the local slavage yard! They told me that the Coils for both the 2.2 AND 2.5 are the SAME?? So I got it,put it in, car runs ok. I've only put 10 miles on it....let's see if code comes back up? Anyhow.....me NOT beleiving salvage yard....I called locole dealer, they say that these parts are NOT the same.......of course this IS the dealer....they WILL say this sort of thing!!!??? SOOooo, here I am typing....and asking!

Well are they??

Many thanks, SubeeTed

Problem solved! This car is 5 months old to me. It had most of the work done by dealer from previous owner. He had the 120K mile service done back in March. Includes 4 NEW plugs! When dealer installed plug #2....it NEVER got seated!!!!! It has made it's way out in the time I've owned it! This was throwing "Misfire #2" code! I replaced the plug wires because of this code....this IS very weird, because in the 125K miles of dealer maintained life, plug wires NEVER changed!! I hate dealers!!

THX gang!

And you wonder why I do all my own work. . .:brow:

Actually a lot of the reason I love my Subie so much is because I do all my own work. THat EJ22 is about the easiest engine I have ever put a wrench to.