Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82t Metal Head Gaskets..Possible group buy

Cometic, will make us gaskets.

However the minimum is something like 25 gaskets.

Is there any interest in these?? they are multi-layer steel gaskets, and are dam near impossible to blow.

The only down side is the block, and head need to be machined perfectly flat, and a highly smooth finish on them.

They go on perfectly dry, and can be reused as long as they aren't folded or kinked, as they do not compress.

Price......should be somewhere around $80 CDN...so givin whatever the exchange rate is, plus shipping, you are looking at around the same price as the OEM subaru gaskets (atleast up here).

If you have interest, please post.

If there is enough interest we will set-up a group buy.

Thanks,

As far as i know...the copper gasket kits available from headgasket.com are something like $150 + USD the sealant/adhesive.

The plus side to metal head gaskets is they do not require any sealant/adhesive.

they are installed perfectly dry.

You need to get the block and head machined perfectly flat with the copper or metal ones.

All said and done, you could probably have the metal ones shipped to your door for less than the copper ones. and depending who you talk to, the metal gaskets offer the same, if not better performance.

Cometic, will make us gaskets.

However the minimum is something like 25 gaskets.

Price......should be somewhere around $80 CDN...so givin whatever the exchange rate is, plus shipping, you are looking at around the same price as the OEM subaru gaskets (atleast up here)...

Pardon my denseness, but I wish to clarify:

Is that 25 pairs? And is the CDN$80 per pair or per side?

I am interested in hi-perf gaskets, just not sure whether steel or copper.