Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Skip, I got her running

Had engine out of ea81t, to reseal & fix lifter problems. Now she turns over but won't start. I'm getting spark, I'm getting fuel after fuel filter, but it seems I'm not getting fuel to the injectors. I sprayed starting fluid on air filter & she started and ran smooth for 5 seconds. How can I trouble shoot this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. she's been down for over a month now.

Stupid, (sorry don't know your real name) when I put my latest turbo back in, I had the same problem.

Turned out the injectors just needed the air bled out of the lines.

I just kept starting it with the method you used and on about the fifth try one injector started then the next - did get it running on three cyl and test drove it, then number four started.

The injectors use a negative voltage (i.e. ground) pulse to open them, so they should show voltage on one wire when cranking.

Hope this helps

Skip....thats all right, other members call me stup....my name is Jay...my cars name is Stupidru....appropriately named because nothing is easy when troubleshooting this thing. I'll try what you suggested. As far as other hook-ups, I have incoming fuel line connected to the port closest to the firewall side of fuel rail, is this the right port? And as far as coil wire hook-ups, I have all yellow wires on negative side, the other four "3 black & 1 thick grey wires" are on postive side. Is this correct? Other ea81t owners please help with this, I'd like to get her on the road soon. Thanks, Jay (stup)