Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Techworks Header Uppipe Downpipe where is yours *Pics*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWE said that they are still waiting for the group buy check to clear, American checks take a bit longer to clear, Kieth said as soon as the cheque clears they're out the door..

I ordered and paid back in Sept and will have pipes either today or tomorrow, depending on UPS.

Are you MYXALPLYX and Marck part of the group buy or did you buy separately?

I am part of Folgers group buy. Would it be possible for Techworks to ship mine strait to me as soon as the check clears instead of going through folgers. I need the pipes by the beginning of next week and I think this will minimize the delay. I think it would make shipping cheaper too.

Also, would it be possible for TWE to send me a header from their second batch so that I won't have to deal with the power steering hose interference problem. If I have to reroute the power steering, I am going to be pissed!!!

No, shipping will be MORE. I know this all to well... :banghead:

at this point I dont think shipping direct is going to be an option....you'll have to call them, and they will have to call Folgers to verify that you prepaid, and techworks will have to get shipping from you....etc....

The Check from Folgers is there, and sometime this week the check should finnish clearing though the whole bank process...and the Folgers batch will ship this week.

Yep, Kieth said it's just a matter of the CDN banks being a bit sticky with a check of that size from the US. Kieth figured shipping by thurs. at the latest.

Are you MYXALPLYX and Marck part of the group buy or did you buy separately?
Nah, I'm not part of the group buy. I paid for it via credit card so no waiting for checks to clear. My order may possibly be shipped out this week however I expect delays. A couple of things have to be modified for my order to be complete. I already confirmed this with Tom but I knew this going into it. I'm hoping to have it before Xmas. :(

Yeah I know what you're sayin, I was hoping to be done installing the pipes on both cars before the babe was born and I was a tired wreck all the time.

I just pulled a rag out of my intake that was making the car run alittle wierd, lol. Funny how you miss things like that when you haven't had any meaningful sleep in long while.

Babies are so CUTE.

My pipes are on, I will have some digi footage in an hour or so, no mid or rear pipe right now cause I want to wait till the lift is done. Really really loud:brow:.

Dagnabbit! I'm trying to call/reach them now but the phone is busy. Did you have any idea yours was coming (Ex: tracking number) or did it just arrive on your step? Cool that you received it and all. Can't wait to see some pics. How was your installation (like WJMs install)? I'd like to try and install it myself but I know I'll run into problems.

I was told my pipes were shipping 2 fri's ago and I've had them for a week or so, I'm sorry to here about the whole check issue.

Install was a bit trying, ps lines are still in the way and were not a lot of fun to move. The dp flange was way out of square so I had to grind that down. DP bracket to trannie lines up but was 1/2" spaced out so I shimmed that.

The motor had to be raised up a ways no big deal really and I thind it's worth doing yourself, just use nitirle or latex gloves cause those ps lines are usually really nasty. Pics and vid for sound are coming the battery is toast atm. Low rpm's are about the same mid is noticeably faster and at high rpm's I never felt like the car couldn't move air, I redlined many, many times.:burnout:

How did you guys get your headers off? I was not able to get mine off till I had raised the engine several inches

the stock header ca be installed and removed w/out raising the engine. The TWE header...with the PS lines, the pass. eng. mount needs to be unbolted and the engine raised that far...and theheader will go in with some elbow grease...and some adjustment of the PS lines. I with no PS lines there...the header can be installed with the engine remaning in rest position...no engine jacking needed.

Best way to install is get all the old exhaust stuff off, and the stubo and all that off and out of the way. Install header first. then go from there. with PS lines, it makes it harder...but with the front of the car up in the air enough, its easy peasy.

the stock header ca be installed and removed w/out raising the engine. The TWE header...with the PS lines, the pass. eng. mount needs to be unbolted and the engine raised that far...and theheader will go in with some elbow grease...and some adjustment of the PS lines. I with no PS lines there...the header can be installed with the engine remaning in rest position...no engine jacking needed.

Best way to install is get all the old exhaust stuff off, and the stubo and all that off and out of the way. Install header first. then go from there. with PS lines, it makes it harder...but with the front of the car up in the air enough, its easy peasy.

This is good to know because not everyone here has an engine lift. My garage has so little space that I have to move sideways on both sides of it and the bumper is almost touching the garage door. No room for lifts and stuff. I guess removing and reinstalling the power steering lines would be a pain in the butt. Looks like on a scale of 1-5 (1=easy, 5=Master Subaru Tech needed), this would be a 3. When you have to lift engines and shim/drill/scrap/sand down parts, people get squeamish. This is the 'printer wire with pic is blue - plug in blue port on computer' age. :rolleyes:

Did anyone have any trouble with rerouting inlet/outlet lines going to and from the turbo? Plus, our turbos are water cooled too right? If the aftermarket turbos aren't water cooled too, then the inlet/outlet turbo coolant lines would have to be plugged or connected together. Just something to think about if you are considering tackling this.