Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FWD light stays on?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Davet7

Davet7

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Richmond

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:54 PM

I have aquired a 95 Legacy AWD wagon and the FWD light stays on. Any one Know why? Been on since trans was replaced and before.

#2 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,639 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

Is the AWD lock-out fuse slipped in. Check the black box. I sure hope a tranny wasn't replaced 'cause someone had a flat tire, put the fuse in and forgot to take it back out.

That would just be the worst mechanic screw-up/rip-off in the history of this BB.

And we think the 'P'-light virginity is bad?

#3 Davet7

Davet7

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Richmond

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:06 PM

The fuse was installed , removed and now has 4 wheel drive. trans was burnt up in it before replacment. Tow truck driver must have installed the fuse.

Thanks for the help.

Dave T.

#4 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,639 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:58 PM

Dave, you are most welcome. I'm glad that one of the least technically endowed membrs of this BB could be of some assistance.

The blessings of the impending season on you and yours. And BYGAWD it better snow tonight or I am gonna be P-Oed!

#5 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,639 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:04 PM

Just a follow-up after reading your response. I'll bet a case of Black-Star that the tow truck driver installed the fuse after he towed the car and said;

"OH F*CK, this is a AWD Subaru!" As he dropped it off the quick-snatch hooks and noticed the smoke and smell.

#6 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:57 PM

A TOW TRUCK DRIVER INSTALLED THE FUSE??? OMG!! COULD IT BE??? I'm impressed. Someone should shake that mans hand and buy him a cold one for saving a transmission.

#7 rcoaster

rcoaster

H6 Power!

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Rochester, NY

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:53 AM

Uhh.. unless the tow truck had the Subaru's engine running with the fuse installed, it wouldn't be disconnected. It requires electricty and engine vaccum to disengage the clutch pack.

As for the owner who let a tow truck tow his/her AWD Subaru with two wheels on the ground instead of requesting for a FLAT BED truck doesn't deserve to own a Subaru! :banghead:

#8 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,604 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:38 PM

vacuum serves no function in disconnecting the clutch packs. It's all electrical.

Either way, it doesn't make a hill of beans whether the fuse is in, you are never to tow an AT vehicle with the drive wheels on the ground. In the case of an AWD vehicle, all wheels must be off the ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users