Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

98 Impreza 2.5 stalls whenever it feels like it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jthunder0

jthunder0

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • FAIRFIELD

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:29 PM

HELP!!!!
Have a 98 Impreza 2.5 with 98,000 miles that has started stalling when driving. Stalls at high speeds and low cruising speeds. Sometimes it will jolt, rpms go down to almost nothing and then recovers and drives fine, other times it just drops dead after driving fine. Starts right back up, and does this intermitently.As I am not very good with cars, took it into dealer. Have replace the fuel pump, fuel relays, fuel filter, cleaned injectors and replaced plugs.

Their computer shows no diagnostic problems, no codes show up to help them and mechanics are stumped.

Would greatly appreciate any help or ideas.

#2 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:00 AM

Ok, personally I would have started replacing ignition components before fuel pump.

Plugs are new, but what about replacing the ignition cables and the "igniter".

Next up, the fuel pressure regulator.

#3 jthunder0

jthunder0

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • FAIRFIELD

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for replying. We replaced the fuel pump as that was what the original diagnostics (dealer mechanics) said was faulty. As I said, I'm not really good with mechanics. If the car is starting okay (sometimes its hard to get it to turnover), why replace igition cables or/and what is an igniter.

Ok, personally I would have started replacing ignition components before fuel pump.

Plugs are new, but what about replacing the ignition cables and the "igniter".

Next up, the fuel pressure regulator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users