Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how much fuel pressure should be?

and if i have filter king - its a filter regulator that connect on the line before the carb, can i connect it?

i can change the regulator fuel from 1 to 5 PSI, in weber carb , they say that max should be 5 psi, never more than 5 psi.

i want to know if the stronger is better?

if its from 3 to 8 on carborator than 8psi its better to have all the time no?

can i connect this malfasi fuel filter regulator and leave it on 4 psi?

i have this fuel pump for better performance:

99009.131.jpg

P/N 99009.131

Electric Fuel Pump

and i want to know if i can connect this one on the line and adjest it 4 psi:

99901.419.JPG

Filter King adjustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/linkage.htm

http://www.freewebtown.com/adventures/fuelpressreg.htm

thank you all .

moshe.

I'd start with the Weber specification. You tell us that their specification is 1 to 5 PSI, and never more than 5. This means that the carburetor will malfunction if the pressure should exceed 5 PSI. I think this would mean that the fuel shutoff valve in the float chamber will not work properly at higher fuel pressures, causing flooding.

Therefore: 4 PSI should be OK. I wouldn't go any higher.

There's no reason why you can't put that fuel filter near the carb. That would make it easy to clean or replace the element. It would also ensure that any rust that might be in the existing fuel lines would be properly trapped by the filter.

I would install the new fuel pump where the original one is: under the car, near the fuel tank. That way, you can be sure that it will prime properly.

Get rid of the filter and pressure regulator that are in the existing fuel line near the pump. You should be able to use the existing wiring -- cut off the wire at the fuel pump so that you can use its connector for the new pump.

o.k. thats what i'm gone do .

and another thing:

can i take out the fuel filter that is under the car in the back? it's connecting before the fuel pamp, mabe it's there because it wont let the rust to go in to the fuel pump and damage it, mabe it's better to leave the originat fuel filter in his place???

thank you for your fast answer.

moshe.