Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Techworks Cams

It all depends on what the exact cam specs are I guess. Just post the cam graph or cam table showing lift at each degree, LSA/LCA and LC(phasing) etc. and then we will be able to tell if it's a worthwhile grind. What all went into the design of these cams? Did they copy them from a newer EJ series profile or have they actually done some empirical testing with their new design? I'm weary when you say that a master cam (singular) was made for both EA82 and Turbo variants. If we can get some more details this could turn out to be a worthwile deal! I'm very interested in some more concrete details - and I'm hoping they are cutting on new billet ... ?
Good questions! I'm not the one to ask them though. You have these guys (http://techworkseng.com/). I'm just saying they've had some success with the cams that they've designed. If there is enough interest in them, then perhaps they'll make a custom batch or something. I'm just throwing it out there. Where it goes is up to da folks here. I know if I want some, I'll ask for a price, ask for what to expect and go with it and see what happens. I'm not ready for them yet though. :-\ There's always Deltacams as well.

I'm still curious as to just how good are Delta cams on the RX turbo. I mean...some hard numbers (track for instance).

All I need to know about the Techwork's cams are how good or bad they work (when I'm ready for them) performance wise. I know where to go for testing them out. :brow:

but now I do remember hearing about that old EA82 beater wagon that Tom or someone that works there has - is that where these mysterious EA82 cam masters came from?

Bingo! This wagon was 2nd in an autox, rallyx or something 'x' series not to long ago, beating out a multitude of WRXs. Tom has since sold the wagon.

Only reason why I brought this up is because I was asking Tom today if they had anything in the works for us old schoolers. He even stated there have been a good bit of people asking for an XT6 header. :banana: So I told him to add me to the list. Now that would be the shizzle.