Ultimate Subaru Message Board

radio

That shouldn't be too hard to mount, but certainly more difficult than a regular DIN-sized radio. You're going to have to know your way around stereo wiring and be able to fab up some brackets to hold it. You'll also want a dash kit so it doesn't stick way the crap out of the dash - Metra makes an excellent one.

That's a sweet radio, but it's going to take more work than putting in a simple aftermarket DIN-sized stereo.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I used to install stereos for a living.

Since you have an EA82, you'll need to nab a Metra dash kit, a wiring harness for an EA82, and the reverse harness for a Legacy of that generation. What I mean by reverse harness is that you'll need the harness that plugs into the back of the McIntosh radio.

As for getting it to fit, take the Metra dash kit and cut out the opening to fit a double-DIN radio - that's a 4"x7" opening. Make yourself some brackets that'll hold the radio nice and tight in that opening and secure it in place.

Wire the big fella all up, and you should be good to go.

As for rear speakers, I haven't put them in mine, but I've done it a few times in EA82s. You'll have to run a new set of speaker wires all the way back to the speaker harness at the base of the B-pillar to eliminate the front-to-rear common-ground speaker wiring.