Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RX Wiper problems (very slow wipers)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,915 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:42 PM

Well... found problem #1 with the new RX. My wiper's aren't working propperly. Instead of having OFF-INTERMITTENT-SLOW-FAST, I have OFF-OFF-SLOW-SLOW. And when i mean slow, i mean sllllloooooow. Of course, i had to find out durring the rainfall, but I'm not even sure where to start looking. Would the problem be in the switch? Im not sure what would make the motor move so slow... anyone have any suggestions?

-Brian

#2 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:46 PM

Under the dash, behind the kick panel (where the "lap cooler" vent is) there is a box, that is the intermittent relay for the wipers, it's probably unplugged, if it's plugged in, I'd suspect either the ground for the wiper motor, or the gear train in teh wiper motor is gummed up....

#3 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:47 PM

100% agreement.

If that doesnt work...might try taking the motor assy apart and cleaning/relubing it and putting it abck together...

#4 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,915 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:51 PM

Thanks guys, i'll pull it into the garage and check that now.

WJM... not sure how to put thinks abck together... but i'll try putting it back together and see if it works :)

-Brian

#5 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,915 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:04 PM

Andrew was right. Found the relay, and it was infact unplugged. Plugged it back, and i have intermittent again. But the wipers are still very slow.

-Brian

#6 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:49 PM

i've got a motor if you want it, don't have a G3 so it does me no good

-mike

#7 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,915 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:17 PM

Nice... MSN Message me and gimme a price. I think mines dead or dying cause now my intermittents are messing up. It will move the wiper about an inch then stop, and then another inch, then stop until the wipers are about 1/2 way, then they go and come back, then stop, another inch then stop, another inch then stop.

I'm gonna get a relay from the junkyard and see if maybe that might be it.

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users