Nissan Injectors?

Ross

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You won't gain anything from an injector swap unless teh stock ones cannot deliver enough fuel. THis only happens when your engine is recieving much more air than stock, liek when you increase the boost on turbos, or possibly if you did some significant porting work on an N/A. You can't use more fuel unless you can get the air to burn it.

Good thread except for one thing.............................

Has anyone installed a Nissan fuel injector on their EA82T and if so, exactly which one?

I don't want to be the fool who purchase one and then someone says, "Oh yeah, that one doesn't fit because (insert reason). You'll have to do (enter mods here) and it MIGHT work". I've been down that road a few times throughout the years.

Which fuel injector(s) have been installed on an EA82T and can be daily driven on while at the same time provide more fuel? Thanks! :)

they are direct fit injectors. I think its possible that the injectors I installed needed to be used with the 87+ resistor block that the 85-86 stuff doesnt have. I still have them laying around, im going to try getting some specs on them, actual flow numbers and I might throw them into the RX at some point if they are like 250cc or so.

I do know the wagon ran like crap until it got warmed up and the ECU got 'used to' them....

didnt Will use the nissan 180sx injectors, and say they ran lik crap with his set up?

He sure did! That's why I was specific with my question in asking--->

Which fuel injector(s) have been installed on an EA82T and can be daily driven on while at the same time provide more fuel? Thanks! :)

Not that you couldn't drive around daily with his setup but he said it drove like crap.

Will pointed out what I wanted to know somewhat. Will says they are a direct fit. Bingo! What's confusing is that he said it drove like crap until the ECU got used to them. What do you mean by this? Did the ECU get used to them idle wise and driving wise and all was fine or did it have to get used to it every time the car was started and warmed up? When the ECU got used to it, did it still drive somewhat crappy, drive similar to the stock injectors or better? Sorry if I'm sounding 'anal' but I'm sure these details some peeps want to know. If they don't, I do. :grin:

I'm the type who won't sit on something like this and will get it in a heartbeat. So I have to be sure what to expect (or think I know what to expect). Thanks for your input Will.

bascially....id idled 'ok'....just ruffly for a min or two. During the first few miles of driving, it would hesitate and bog sometimes, and all of a sudden GO GO GO....after it got good and warm (7~10 mins) it seemed to stop doing it and idled fine. Warm start it did fine....but on every cold start it would do it.

i think ill go to the junk yard tomarrow and try to find these. it might be worth my while to try it anyways, i just need to get my rx back from meineke, it was due yesterday but i had the wrong steering rack, then i gave em the right one today and was told it would be dont befre they closed, it wasnt even moved from its resting spot at all today, bastards. if i get these and the car pases inspection and that jazz, ill get em in there and see how it does. i hope to ave the car back by monday and registered as well, then maybe ill have a ride to and from work seeing as my impreza is sans driver side window and its going to rain.snow on monday.

• 3 months later...

Soooo Here is the skinny right now. I just got back from the junk yard in an all intensive search for the right injectors and the any that might fit. These are my findings. They are all from nissans (one from a Datsun). Here are the pics compared to my XT6 injector.

Left is from an N/A I-6 280 Datson Right is from a Turbo I-6 280zx

attachment.php?attachmentid=2567&stc=1

Left Is an oddball that was in the Datson, It had 5 injectors like the one above on the left and this one below on the left.

Right is the one I pulled from my XT6.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2568&stc=1

This weekend I am going to be running a flow test to see how they match up to each other. It looks like the datsun injector on the top might take the cake. You might be able to tell the injector whole on the XT6 injector is the smallest out of the bunch.

I also tried fittment into the fuel boss on my XT6 and all of them fit. The only problem is you would have to fabricate a inj holder and fuel rail.

I will get back to you asap and let you know the numbers.

post-7299-136027601565_thumb.jpg

post-7299-136027601573_thumb.jpg

well I had a couple of mins to cut of the hose that was on the nissan injector to see what type of head they have. It a barbed end and the xt6 has the 2 seals on it. crap if there was any way to swap the fuel rail ends we would be in business. I will be working today to get my flow bench setup. Cant wait!!!

post-7299-136027601577_thumb.jpg

post-7299-136027601646_thumb.jpg

Soooo Here is the skinny right now. I just got back from the junk yard in an all intensive search for the right injectors and the any that might fit. These are my findings. They are all from nissans (one from a Datsun). Here are the pics compared to my XT6 injector.

Left is from an N/A I-6 280 Datson Right is from a Turbo I-6 280zx

attachment.php?attachmentid=2567&stc=1

I'm wondering how the turbo I-6 injector flow vs the EA82T fuel injector. Of course I'm wondering how it fits as well.

As far as the sprayer side its fitment it perfect! The the end that fits in the fuel rail is a little different. I am running to lowes to see if I can finagle gaskets that might make it fit. If you could somehow switch the fuel pickup (the fuel rail side) there would be no problems. I am building the fuel flow tester right now. I will let you know how it works out.

Myxalplyx, What color are the tops of your EA82T injectors? Yellow like my XT6? I belive that the XT6 and EA82T have the same injectors. I am pulling the injectors from an XT4 turbo I found in the junkyard, I will be flow testing them also.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2570

Hey Subaru Freaks!

Well here it is. The myth has been cleared up and it is possible. I just rebuilt the 280ZX Turbo brown fuel injectors to fit into the unmodified fuel rails and intake housing. They fit perfectly. There was a little that had to be done but more or less it was easy, I just had to find the correct parts for fitment.

Now all I have to do is pressure check the rail to verify if there are any leaks in the seals. This weekend I will be finishing up building my flow bench and acutally verify whether or not this mod will actually matter and hopefully the new injectors will flow more cc then the XT6.

Cross your fingers!!!

Check this out!

post-7299-136027601652_thumb.jpg

post-7299-136027601656_thumb.jpg

Hey Subaru Freaks!

Well here it is. The myth has been cleared up and it is possible. I just rebuilt the 280ZX Turbo brown fuel injectors to fit into the unmodified fuel rails and intake housing. They fit perfectly. There was a little that had to be done but more or less it was easy, I just had to find the correct parts for fitment.

Now all I have to do is pressure check the rail to verify if there are any leaks in the seals. This weekend I will be finishing up building my flow bench and acutally verify whether or not this mod will actually matter and hopefully the new injectors will flow more cc then the XT6.

Cross your fingers!!!

Check this out!

Wow! This is Awesome. Really good news. I need clarification on something though. What car are you fitting the 280ZX turbo injectors too?

Myxalplyx, What color are the tops of your EA82T injectors? Yellow like my XT6? I belive that the XT6 and EA82T have the same injectors. I am pulling the injectors from an XT4 turbo I found in the junkyard, I will be flow testing them also.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2570

No! They are not the same injectors. I took before and after pics of the RX turbo fuel injectors when I got them cleaned and I can not find them. I knew I should've uploaded it but I think I decided not to because I didn't think anyone cared. I'll keep looking.

Edit: I couldn't find the NEW pics I took but I did post an old pic up of them. This pic is on the 3rd page of this thread.

RXInjectors.JPG

The 1st and 3rd pics is off of my 1.8ltr RX turbo. The pic is fuzzy because it's off of my old digital camera.

I do know that they both have different flow rates. See my post where I show the results of having both of them cleaned at RC Engineering. The XT6 injectors are 185cc units while the RX turbo are 245cc units.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35326&page=2&pp=10&highlight=fuel+injector

This sucks I cant find an RX or even RX turbo in the junk yard... mabe thats a good thing(reliable). I will look through all the 4 bangers and see if I can find those injectors. How do those RX injectors mount up to the fuel rail??? Can you post a pic from under your engine? That should help.

Well the pump I was going to use for the flow tester wont pump water, I think its clogged. SO now I need to go back to the junk yard and see if I can find a XT6 or XT turbo pump that will still run.

Sorry guys I wanted the verify the flow this weekend as bad as you. It will just have to wait until either next weekend or mabe even sooner. When ever I get to the junk yard.

I have looked into the Nissan injectors but I decided to just add a 5th and 6th injector to spray continuously at 10psi and 15psi, I'm not running 19psi just to keep it on the guage. The car runs normal until you hit 10psi and then you are buried in the seat. No engine damage as of yet and I drive it like I stole it. I know it's not the cleanest way to enrichen the mixture but it sure as hell works and is easy to setup. I'm running an ea-82t in an 87 RX. I'll post my 1/4 mile times after this weekend.

how? take a cold-start injector from an older VW. Take that pesky 10-12psi fuel cutoff switch and wire it from the coil to a 10A fuse, to the cold start injector which sprays right above the throttle plate.(drill 3 holes) You can run an LED in parrallel to the injector so you know when it's open.

You should still be able to pass smog and the idle is still smooth because you have stock injectors and fuel pressure.

-Chuck-

I have looked into the Nissan injectors but I decided to just add a 5th and 6th injector to spray continuously at 10psi and 15psi, I'm not running 19psi just to keep it on the guage. The car runs normal until you hit 10psi and then you are buried in the seat. No engine damage as of yet and I drive it like I stole it. I know it's not the cleanest way to enrichen the mixture but it sure as hell works and is easy to setup. I'm running an ea-82t in an 87 RX. I'll post my 1/4 mile times after this weekend.

how? take a cold-start injector from an older VW. Take that pesky 10-12psi fuel cutoff switch and wire it from the coil to a 10A fuse, to the cold start injector which sprays right above the throttle plate.(drill 3 holes) You can run an LED in parrallel to the injector so you know when it's open.

You should still be able to pass smog and the idle is still smooth because you have stock injectors and fuel pressure.

-Chuck-

Hello Chuck! Any pics of your setup?

That looks like an interesting setup. Cool! Wish I knew how to make something like that. Would save me the heartache of trying to find bigger fuel injectors.

Hey Myxalplyx I found a pic of his car with the extra injector. I guess he never looked back at the thread. Water intercooler also, but he never wrote up anything about this project.

6630engine_bay-med.JPG

Hey think about this Myxalplyx, I dont remember if you said you are running MS on any of your cars, but I would imagine that if you were you could run those extra injectors with no prob at all! remember MS can control up to 12 cyl's at a time.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a fuel pump from the junkyard from an xt6 that WORKS!&!#$*#. I tried one off of a xt turbo but no luck it was crap(eairlier in thread). Currently I have injectors for an XT6, XT4 turbo, 280zx 280zx turbo and a 240zx turbo. I am going to be building a flow bench this weekend to see what each of them run(cc). If I can remember I have a full set for each of these cars so I am going to test them all hooked together each set at a time all on a XT6 fuel pump and FPR. I will pick up a set of EA82 injectors on friday so I can run those ne my bench also. I FREAKEN CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: