Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

my car is no longer pure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:44 PM

Yes, it's true, my subaru has..... dum...dum...dum..... HONDA PARTS on it.

Last night I sold my soul and put a set of brand new honda coil springs on the rear struts of Roxanne. It did feel kinda dirty, but it was worth it. I got a set for an 89 Accord with A/C and automatic, which should be the heaviest springs available, and WOW are they a step up. They're probably five millimeters thicker than the stock springs. I let the car down off the lift and from full droop it sagged maybe an inch and a half or two inches, where before it was at like four or five. I quickly whipped out the measuring tape in my excitement, and lo and behold, with my 26" snow tires, it has 11" of clearance front and rear with the front struts adjusted down all the way and the rear struts in the 2nd preload position. Yeah baby!!!

Oh yeah, with the increase in front weight bias, it likes to oversteer a lot more:drunk: . Now I'll just have to see if my axles last very long at that angle.

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:51 PM

Kelly, you slut! Sleeping with the enemy.:lol:

Congrats. I know you've been looking for them for a while now. Do you still have that 5spd d/r tranny and drive shaft back in Haines? If so, let's deal.

#3 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:55 PM

Yes, I still have the tranny and probably a lot of the stuff that's needed for the conversion. When is a good time to give you a call?

#4 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:58 PM

:-\ Our cars can be fitted with Honda coil springs? Wow! What year/model or part#? What Subarus does it fit?

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,932 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:16 PM

Im dating someone that drives a Honda CRV so youre pretty safe. The Subaru gods havent shot a flaming asteroid at me yet and its been a couple years. For the record she wants a Subaru now we are just waiting for the right deal.

#6 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,994 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:39 PM

:-\ Our cars can be fitted with Honda coil springs? Wow! What year/model or part#? What Subarus does it fit?

yep, FRONT springs from an 86-89 accord (prelude ones look the same, but I havnen't tried them yet) fit the BACK of the ea82 wagons (again, I'm not sure what else they would fit on, probably any Gl, maybe XT, etc.)

#7 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:04 PM

Yes, I still have the tranny and probably a lot of the stuff that's needed for the conversion. When is a good time to give you a call?

Anytime from 3 PM to about 8 PM. I'll also be home all day Saturday. My x-mas break starts on the 18th.

#8 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

I think I lost your phone number again:drunk: . I can give you a call tonight or tomorrow if you PM me your number.

#9 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:11 PM

I'll call and leave a message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users