Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anybody use Super tech oil

Went to Wal Mart to get penzoil it was 22.00 a case. Super Tech was ten dollars a case and it says on the container that it meets or exceeds new car warranty protection. I also heard that it was made by Quaker State, does anyone here have a good reason not to use it?

Bobistheoilguy is heresay. His "pocket theories" don't impress me. And that STUPID timken machine that he uses to back everything up is a useless instrument. It does not model any load that oil would be under inside an engine. Particularly because the oil in the timken is not pumped in under pressure, but simply dragged onto the test sample.

Timken and "four ball wear test" are designed to test lubricating grease, NOT OIL!

Bobistheoilguy is heresay. His "pocket theories" don't impress me. And that STUPID timken machine that he uses to back everything up is a useless instrument. It does not model any load that oil would be under inside an engine. Particularly because the oil in the timken is not pumped in under pressure, but simply dragged onto the test sample.

Timken and "four ball wear test" are designed to test lubricating grease, NOT OIL!

???????

The link above is for the BITOG discussion board and not the timken machine Bob used to use.

If you search the BITOG board you will find tons of useful info, like oil analysis results on different oils/engines combos.

While I have gripes with the new BITOG administration (Bob retired and sold the site to a jerk) and they even canceled my memberships couple of times (and even blocked access for a couple of the many IP addresses I use) after I objected to arbitrary deleting of legitimate topics, it is the ultimate lubrication resource on the web that I know. The BITOG members are very conservative though, Subaru owners and democrats may enter at they own risk ;-)

I use it in my 92 Camry, but that thing leaks like 4 quarts in a normal week, so it's never in the engine long enough to tell the difference.

With oil, I think you get what you pay for...

Chuck

I had an 81 Sube with the same condition and that was my lubrication of choice.