Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tranny Blues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Butterfield

Mike Butterfield

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ellensburg

Posted 09 December 2004 - 12:02 AM

Can any one enlighten me as to why my 89 XT6 2X4 flares into high gear? It also has what I'm told is morning sickness, where it won't move for 3-4 seconds after setting for a couple of hours. I spent a thousand dollars on a rebuild and it still does the same thing it did before I threw all that money at it. The rebuilder is blaming the car. Could it be the computer? Is there any way to disable or go around the black box? I would not have a problem with flipping a switch to lock up the convertor and eliminating the magic in the box. I love the car except that every time it shifts into high, I just grind my teeth, cause it just can't be right what is happening here. Thanks in advance for any help or advise.mb

#2 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:43 PM

Assuming it's an automatic, Tim thinks it sounds like the modulator valve... it's cheap to change. Good luck!
Mary

#3 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,863 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:25 AM

Sounds like a crappy rebuild to me.
Generally speaking,auto trans "morning sickness" is due to leaking seals that improve with heat.

"Could it be the computer?"
Maybe the flare,but I doubt it.Definately not the morning sickness.Don`t think you can disable it.

Which part of the car is your rebuilder trying to blame?
Only relavent item I can think of is low engine vacuum and that wouldn`t give your symptoms.
Regardless a tranny man should be able to diagnose it.

I would take it somewhere else for a written diagnosis,pressure test etc.About 1 hour of shop time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users