Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best place to find used parts in Seattle?

Hi there, just recently got an 85 GL wagon (carbed) and looking for some parts for it but don't know of junkyards around the seattle area that might have what I am looking for. Any suggestions? Also what size is the midpipe going into the muffler? I heard I can improve the power a little bit by putting a less restrictive muffler on (like 2.25 inch?) Thanks!

Hi there, just recently got an 85 GL wagon (carbed) and looking for some parts for it but don't know of junkyards around the seattle area that might have what I am looking for. Any suggestions? Also what size is the midpipe going into the muffler? I heard I can improve the power a little bit by putting a less restrictive muffler on (like 2.25 inch?) Thanks!

Hey I live kitsap county tell me what your looking for and ill check my two trusty yards! the beauty of it is your only a boat ride away! Mtnman38

Thanks for the welcome guys! First off, I just love wandering junkyards looking for cool stuff. (who doesn’t though?) But I have been told that a Y pipe off a FI model is a nice upgrade(how hard is it to install?) as well as a larger muffled like I mentioned before. Perhaps find some new shocks for the rear. (Things are so bad that on the freeway oscillations build up in the springs and the back end starts wandering from side to side) And I know it's a long shot but a weber 32/36 manifold sure would be cool to find, cause you can always find the carb itself cheap on www.bmw2002faq.com.

Okay, sorry to hijack, But I need to find some parts for my legacy and for the newest member, the 86 gl. Anyway, Where is the yard in Tacoma?

Mtnman38, what are the two yards that you go to? I was in a wreck in th legacy and want to fix it before I go back to Idaho for my winter break...

End hijack...

Thanks,

For users of the Search function the next time this comes up:

Lynnwood Pull a Part: 425-778-3147

Everett Pull a Part: 425-355-7278

Tacoma Pull a Part: 253-588-1775

Maybe we can post a list of yards, numbers, and locations in a permanent accessible file on the USMB.

Hey, gotta keep trying. But it would be nice to start a folder of wrecking yards by state with locations, phone numbers and comments.

ahem, Ed, wanna share your folder? I know it exists already! heheheh! It's a tough time searching and then waiting a week for something? LOL!

In all seriousness, I have a rolodex and add used parts places as needed... unfortunately, they always tell me, "Lady, the car's been crushed... it's all we have." <sigh>

Only consumables like brakepads, filters, front axles (you guys break a lot of these:)?) are listed on the most popular websites.

OH! Why can't we set up a new forum (incoming! duck!) that people can post places that sell parts, with specifics... it's so hard trying to find things! Yeah... we have the Marketplace, but there are only so many parts available... I have visited websites and the links are broken or gone... just a thought...