Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine Splash Guard / Skid plate

Not really. They came with some cheezy splash guards off to the sides of the skid plate. Then there is the skid plate that protects your oil pump and oil pan. None of them do a very good job at keeping junk off your engine.

You could weld a splash guard to your skid plate. Then it would be easily removable with the skid plate when it comes time for oil changes and other service.

About the size of a large snapping turtle shell :) Basicly it covers from the lower bumper back to the main crossmember. Side to side its just about as wide as the distance between the exhuast headers. Has large holes stamped out of it I guess for air flow and/or pulling the oil filter. Not much of a splash guard but certainly protects the oil pump and oil pan when offroading.

About the size of a large snapping turtle shell :) Basicly it covers from the lower bumper back to the main crossmember. Side to side its just about as wide as the distance between the exhuast headers. Has large holes stamped out of it I guess for air flow and/or pulling the oil filter. Not much of a splash guard but certainly protects the oil pump and oil pan when offroading.

I'd be intereted in getting one of those..I have an 87 ....any idea of a part number , offical part name?????