Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ohkay, most (some?) of you know I recently got a 92 Leggy. I know a decent amount about the car, but some stuff is pretty lost on me. I know my older gen cars better than the back of my hand, but not this one.

So here's what I'm wondering. Did the early year Legacy's come with skidplates, and if they did are there certain years and models I should look for. I've got a 92 L AWD 5spd, no protection under it, and that big ol' oil pan looks like it owuld make a great target for some evil rock waiting on a trail for me.

So is there a stock one that I could possibly find (no luck in my area's wrecking yards), or am I going to just have to make one?? Thanks! :D

I have also recently purchased a 92 Leggy Wagon. My first Sub and am running into the same problem finding odds and ends. If you do fabricate, please send a pic to maybe give me an idea. Thanks.

Ohkay, most (some?) of you know I recently got a 92 Leggy. I know a decent amount about the car, but some stuff is pretty lost on me. I know my older gen cars better than the back of my hand, but not this one.

So here's what I'm wondering. Did the early year Legacy's come with skidplates, and if they did are there certain years and models I should look for. I've got a 92 L AWD 5spd, no protection under it, and that big ol' oil pan looks like it owuld make a great target for some evil rock waiting on a trail for me.

So is there a stock one that I could possibly find (no luck in my area's wrecking yards), or am I going to just have to make one?? Thanks! :D

I think I remember holding my '84 skid plate up under my '92 Legacy and noting that it lined up pretty well and that I could just drill a couple of new mounting holes (drilling holes in the plate, not the car) for it -- I thought 2 of the bolt holes lined up with the tranny, but maybe I dreamed it. I have an '84 skidplate sitting in my garage that I was keeping because I'd planned to drill it and bolt it up under my '92. I remember looking under the '92 when I got it and thinking "jeez, why doesn't this thing have a skidplate under it? Subaru's in decline! :)

Ya, I was thinking the same thing this eveing when I was out in my shed looking for a flashlight (to see in the shed, go figure), and tripped over my stack of Gen II plates, might go that route. But I'm feelin lazy lately, might be the holiday season, or the fact that I've been workin my arse off. I'll get Cally on the lift soon and get her fixed up right.

Adam......

Sean at Rallitek Can get you a 1/8 or 3/16 thick Alum skid that is a Full protection skid through Primitive up there in Portland......

Drop him a Note.....I bought one for a 92 Legacy Sedan a Kid here in town has.....Its as beefy as the one under his Baja...... :D

Later, John

Hmmm this is interesting. I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I don't mean to change the subject. But my question is, would anyone happen to know if the older skid plates could maybe be modified to put on my 97 legacy? I was thinking about fabricating my own but that would be a bit easier.

Hmmm this is interesting. I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I don't mean to change the subject. But my question is, would anyone happen to know if the older skid plates could maybe be modified to put on my 97 legacy? I was thinking about fabricating my own but that would be a bit easier.

good question that i would like answered as well (for a 96)