Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2k OB Water Dripping From Map Lights

I picked up a used 2000 Outback Ltd with 28k a few months ago. The thing seemed like an awesome deal! I love the car, and driving 5000/month im getting to know it fairly well ;) Unfortunately here in the northwest rain is all too common this time of year. Ive been noticing water dripping from the map lights. Ive done a cursory visual inspection of the sunroofs and dont see anything that would cause a leak there. Where else could this water be coming from? Google doesnt turn up any resolutions, so Im hoping some of you might have ran across this before and could point me towards a solutions.

Thanks!

Do a search on this site for Leaking Sunroof. IIRC there was an issue of a hose that channeled the water away from the seals that had a tendancy to come loose. Perhaps one on each side? Others here will be able to give you better info on this though. . .

I had the problem in a 2000 Outback Limited. There is a TSB for the fix, which is to apply silcone sealant around the sunroof. I had one other interesting issue with my sunroof. It opened by itself and I had to use the manual crank to close it. This was water related as well. The sealant fixed both problems.