Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Remote start syst. on '03 VDC ?

I put a remote start on my 94 Legacy GT, best thing since butt wipe on a roll,

it was a no brainer as the car had no factory alarm.

I want to get one for my main squeeze's '03 VDC Outback, it has a very

sophisticated alarm system.

Does anyone have any recommendations - I don't feel good about using

the Best Buy Boyz.

Maybe I'm worried about nuttin ...

will the alarm system get it's panties in a bunch

if the car is started with the alarm set?

There has to be an interface between the two as I believe the alarm has a no start mode when it is set.???

Hi Skip! How are you doing? What with the remote starter? Is it that cold in Penn? Or are we just all getting older?

Not very cold yet here up north. But lots of snow. The only thing that stops my Brighton sometimes is the lack of ground clearance.

Take care.

I have been dying to do this to 95 legacy. I was going to start on right after new years. I was hoping maybe you could help me out with some advice. Which is a good system to get? Was the wiring prety straightforward (was all the wiring you needed right under the key switch)?

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I am just a little excited and nervous about remote start.

Thanks

I have been dying to do this to 95 legacy. I was going to start on right after new years. I was hoping maybe you could help me out with some advice. Which is a good system to get? Was the wiring prety straightforward (was all the wiring you needed right under the key switch)?

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I am just a little excited and nervous about remote start.

Thanks

Just curious. Remote starters are used here during the winter (Montreal,Quebec, Canada) to warm cars a few minutes before driving off in the morning. What do you use them for in California? Coold them off before driving off?

I envy you!

Just curious. Remote starters are used here during the winter (Montreal,Quebec, Canada) to warm cars a few minutes before driving off in the morning. What do you use them for in California? Coold them off before driving off?

I envy you!

Oh, it gets cold here too (cold enough to put a sheet of frost on the windscreen), just not the COLD that you get up there. . .

We just bought an 05 Forester. My wife also wants a remote starter. We asked our dealer if they could install a unit so the warranty wouldn't be in jeporady if the remote starter caused any electrical issues down the road. They told us that they would reccomend a shop in our area that specializes in these units and they would recognize the unit as a dealer installed option so there wouldn't be any trouble with our standard and extended warranties.

Just food for thought.

Even if it is not freezing outside, i think it is still a good idea to warm the car up for a minute or two. The suby is my baby, and i want to give it all the love and care it deserves.

I also want to do all the work myself, so i guess i must hunt down wiring diagrams and stuff now.

I'm not sure who told me or when, but I heard that those remote starters aren't so good for a car?? Is that true? My dad is trying to get one for his new car but wants to make sure that is not true.

Thanks

Idling a cold engine for a long time is not good for the engine. It prolongs the time the engine is running cold and it prolongs the time the engine is running rich.