Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help please. Engine running very rough and p1507 code.

This morning my car was hard to start. When if finally did start, it appeared to be running fine, but 1 mile down the road it stalled. I restarted (check engine on now). Appears to be running on 1 or 2 cylinders and could just barely drive back home. Could not exceed more than about 10 MPH. Stalls with foot off gas. Only one engine code stored 1507. This problem came on suddenly. My car was running perfectly up till yesterday. I think the code indicates a problam with the idle control, but I think this is probably secondary to the problem. Something is causing some cylinders not to function.

Thanks for any help

Rich

Thanks, but it is fixed now. The problem was a bad IAC valve just like the diagnostic code suggested. I tried cleaning it well, and I also tested it electronically. Both opening and closing seemed to work perfectly. I even boiled it in a pot of water to make sure the temperature controlled mechanism closed as well. Everything looked good, but it was defective still. I found one at a junkyard and now it works perfect (good thing too, because this part lists for 328.00!). By the way, I purchased the entire intake setup including:

(1998 Subaru 2.5L)

Throttle body

TPS sensor

fuel injectors

coil pack

misc vacuum devices and hoses

Intake manifold.

All are for sale now for any reasonable offer.

Rich