Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gl-10 Brat???????

In alaska when i was real young. My babysitter drove a Subaru Wagon. I believe it was a '84 because i remember the headlights always looked like delorian lights. Anyhow, i vaugly remember some sort of level and pitch meter.

Have never seen a Subaru since that had one. And that was including 4 years of owning and driving them in Alaska.

Oh, and ive never seen or heard of a Brat GL10. There are Turbo Brat's that came almost fully loaded. But they were badged as GL's.

-Brian

Might be talking about the turbo's. I've heard of the old EA81T's called GL-10's. Haven't actually seen the badge on an EA81, but doesn't mean that it don't exist. I though that the GL-5 was a myth for a long time, as well as the EA81T till I saw em in real life. Also could be a model from overseas, as they had Brats elsewhere up into the 90's.

We had the brat / brumby here in Oz till 1994(when i bought my L series there was one in the showroom ) but they were a carbon copy of the ones you have there the only option you could get was aircon, they had 3.7 diffs dual range tranny and thats it no turbos, jumps seats no targa top either ,just a plain old brumby with less power from lower compression to cope with the unleaded fuel.

There has never been an L series brat sadly , have seen pics of a forester that converted into a ute :D

ps they still pull good money, actually i think they cost more now for a good one than when they were new!

no GL-10 Brats....

you could get a ea81 GL-10, in a coupe, sedan, and wagon(I think) though. Qman has a coupe, and I've gotten interior parts from a sedan. Moosens parted out a sedan also...

Most of the ea81T's were GL models, but the GL-10 package on a ea81T was badged a "Turbo-10"

the badge even has a part number :)