Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thank you very much.

No problem.

My understanding .... someone correct me if I'm wrong....

PureOne: Better filtration, anti-drainback valve.

Premium Plus: No ADBV. Some say this is fine since the filter sits upright and there's no chance of oil flowing out of the filter to prevent dry start up.

According to that website, they both sport 20-25 psi flow rate, unless I'm reading things wrong. :drunk:

I say that because I've read many places that there is a trade off ... PureOne better filtration/less flow rate, but it looks like flow is the same on both. :confused:

No problem.

My understanding .... someone correct me if I'm wrong....

PureOne: Better filtration, anti-drainback valve.

Premium Plus: No ADBV. Some say this is fine since the filter sits upright and there's no chance of oil flowing out of the filter to prevent dry start up.

I beileve we had a heated discussion on the ADBV and it is not to keep oil in the filter, it is to keep oil in the Engine. The oil and oiling system is the single most important thing when it comes to making an engine last, so I'd spend the extra $2 :)

Cool, not scared of 2 bucks. But, they (I'm told) are the same filters Subaru sells without the Subaru logo on them. Meaning about half the price. That, and the store my wife works at makes it so we can get 30% off of Automotive parts. That way I can buy several for oil changes down the road.

That, and dealing with the parts counter at Carter Subaru (nearest dealership to me) is a real pain. They love to leave you standing, waiting for a good long time, and act like you're messing up their day by buying parts from them. I only go there if it's absolutely necessary.