Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Boost Gauge install complete.

TheSubaruJunkie

Find a hose that comes from your intake manifold. Cut it, put a T in it. Then run hose from that T into your dashboard. Mount the gauge somewhere and attatch the hose to the gauge.

Done :)

The gauge i got had no mounting hardware or any threaded inserts to mount it anywhere. I used a hose clamp, stuck the gauge through the board which its attatched to... then put the clamp on the gauge behind the board to hold it in place.

-Brian

Thanks Brian! What about the electrical portion? You know, so you can see the gauge at night. I have to do this now. I know you should attach it to a 12v wire somewhere but you can't just tap any ole 12v wire. It has to be a wire that turns on when the lights are turned on. What did you use? (I'm asking you this as a child would or someone not in the know).

What i used was the LED that subaru put in the left side of the dashboard. It originally lit up the letters for my hazard button and the dial to control the dash lights. I used that light to light up my boost gauge. If my gauge had its own light with the wires, i would have just tapped into the wiring for that LED. I'd suggest doing that. If your gauge is near the center console by your stereo... you can find a switched 12v from the wiring for your cigarrette lighter, or the light that illuminates your ashtray. I use neither of those devices, so i used my cigarette lighter to control the Stereo i installed.

-Brian