Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front end rotational noise and keyless entry

I have a 2000 4cyc. Outback with no owners manual so I don't know if this is normal or not. Everytime I use the Keyless entry system the horn sounds once to open and twice to close. Is this normal?

Second, I have noise. It sounds like it is coming from the front end. The interval between the noise increase as speed increases. It sound like like a "thud/ deep clicking" sound. I have taken the wheels off and looked around and have had no luck stopping it. Any ideas?

Thanks

TP

I think the horn is normal and intended to wake up your neighbors. Might be able to find a manual on the Subaru site.

Does the clicking sound interval increase with speed, ie get longer, or does it speed up, get quicker with speed?

By the way, when you find your parking lights won't turn off, it's because of the switch on the steering column.

Welcome to the board.

"To turn the Audible signal off, unluck the doors by pushing "UNLOCK/DISARM" button and then simultaneously depress "LOCK/ARM' and "UNLOCK/DISARM" buttons for more than two seconds. The horn will sound two times to inform you that the audible signal has been turned off.

To turn the audible signal on, unluck the doors by pushing "UNLOCK/DISARM" button and then simultaneously depress "LOCK/ARM' and "UNLOCK/DISARM" buttons for more than two seconds. The horn will sound one more time to inform you that the audible signal has been turned on."

- above text from 2002 Forester Owner's Manual.