Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Secret Mobile

I just picked up a new ride for 50 bucks. i cant tell you what it is right yet, but here are some clues

its gonna be "TrashWagon 6"

"manual transmission"

"surprised theheads are not cracked"

the motor needs a reseal job, but i am going to substitute with an spfi with carb motor until i get all the parts and a new clutch

its getting a krylon job, i replaced the fenders and front skirt

if i get it running with the motor it came with, that motor will go in trashwagon 5

Hi, glad you are wrenching again. Please get your license straightened out. The next podunk town you get busted in may not be as nice as this one was. There are a lot of people really concerned about this, not just giving you a hard way to go. I am sure it sounds like it, but I assure you on behalf of everyone involved, that is not the case. There are things in life that are a fact, and having a license to drive is one of them. I am as sorry as everyone that because you can drive, doesn't mean you can. Don't risk it man. It cost you half your summer, and some serious coin. You could let me in on the secret, I won't tell. You going to lift it? Dumb a-- question! Keep in touch, you got the number and the email address, Bradd

Whats the point in having a license, if you dont have a car to drive :)

Anyhow, we're bringing back crap from the past that should be left at the old board.

Glad to have you back miles, and good to see you got another ride. Be careful with this one. Im sure there was a lesson learned.

Too bad its a secret tho. finish it soon so we can see some pix.

-Brian

Hi Brian, when the issue becomes the past, thats where it will stay. Until then, it is a concern to a lot of people that hate to see anyone of us, yourself, I'm sure included, in trouble over paperwork.:banghead: If your going to get nailed, it ought to be for something real, thats all, Bradd

True, your correct. But we are vearing off topic. Miles is trying to inform us of his new car he purchased.

Also, the events surrounding Mile's legal situation are trying to be avoided at the request of miles himself. It was a topic brought up on the old board.

So, lets try not to bring it up with every single topic Mile's discusses... unless he messages the board from jail again (which we ALL hope doesnt need to happen).

-Brian

well, the gig is up between my buddies, someone spilled the beans about it. all they now is i got another soob, but the details will remain on the down lo.

braian was right about guessing the TURBO. i swapped the fenders and front skirt with less rusty ones off a sedan. so we will have to rule out RX. but we can still make it an RX killer!

eventually the turbo will find its way into TrashWagon5, if i dont go the cis route. but if i go cis, it will be on Myoss Feece's spfi sedan, because he doesnt have the turbo mpfi already like i do now.

i finished vacuuming the interior, it cleaned up very well. I got my spfi motor now to start putting it down in, with a carburetor until i get the parts to fix the turbo motor. it needs a radiator, and i will need a y pipe for the spfi block. zanny dook will let me part his rad an pipe.

tomrhere has an ea82 radiator in his brat, so i am thinking i can get an ea81 radiator to fit in this car. there is a dual core rad in the glf, and it isnt going anywhere soon. , so there is a possible radiaror and a fuel pump, and distributor(it has an ea82 in it)

i swapped onm some better tires from zanny dooks wagon. there is a brake leak somewhere, but i can pinch it off just to get it working. i would like to go off roading this sunday on some land that has permission.

and dont think i am going to be driving this thing around, thats an automatic misdemeanor in indiana, i might as well walk around with a bag of weed if that were the case. But i do have a current plate i can transfer to the car so i can park it out on the street and not have to worry about it being towed. If i do get it running before the weekend i will invite someone along, and have them drive to the off road. then i will take the wheel from there, because you cant get pulled over in the woods!

now we all know its a wagon, and its turbo

If no one had guessed what it is yet, here is a clue: black door handles

I knew someone would catch onto the black door handles.

And we have a winner! General Disorder wins the "Miles Fox Road-Trip Survival Package" comes complete with a 5 gallon can, a spare axle, and a get out of jail free card!

anyway, I got the spfi motor in, with a carb intake on it. I had to borrow an intake gasket off zanny dook's wagon, as well as the y pipe, and still yet the radiator.

I got the dist off myoss feece's glf with the ea82, and the fuel pump. all the heavy duty work is done now, so its all wires and hoses from here on, hope to have the car driveable by thrusday night for some off-roading on some unexplored land

hmmm.....turbo.......wagon......black door handles.......how about we like put it all together.......I think GD is right either that or someone put black door handles on GL turbowagon but I have this hunch its probably a GL-10 turbowagon.................rock on:headbang:

it sure is a gl-10

sunroof, digital dash, plush seats with height adjustment, and trip computer.

it has a sedan door with the wrong glass and a chrome door handle, and its missing the little rubber piece on the corner.

i got more work done. myoss feece connecte the heater hose while i was at work. he also connected that sucker hose from the egr to the cam cover, but it doesnt go there. i am going to have to find a valve or plug it off. (its plugged off on the trashwagon 5)

i got the hitachi style alternator/ac bracket with no ac pump. I had to borrow that from zanny dook's wagon because whoever pulled the turbo motor really didnt know what he was doing(the throttle cable was connected to the bracket that holds the pitch bar to the motor, which was still connected to it) and it was missing the mounting hardware for the bracketry.

all thats left to do is

put on starter(removed it to tighten pressure plate bolts)

ignition wires

add oil and filter

radiator

a fer vacuup lines

swap to a carby fuel pump.

the coil will still work as it is, and everything else should work(tach, water and oil gauges)

i may have to hardwire the fuel pum, if so, to the + coil terminal.

i am confident i will have this car running tonight, if i can find some gas!

Just as a point of interest.. Not all GL-10s had black hardware.. My first one 88 GL-10 Turbo had all chrome hardware.. my second one 87 SPFI GL-10 had chrome hardware.. I think.. turbone could tell you .. he has it now.. My 87 4wd GL-10 Turbo has black hardwasre.. I like it much better