Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do I turn off the light?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 falling

falling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 18 August 2003 - 03:13 PM

My 92 Legacy came equipped with the ride height controls. but it has been converted to regular suspension by the previous owner. My question is how do I get the ride height light to stay off? It now occcasionally comes on and will flash until I turn off the car. I have pulled the fuse for the ride height out of the fuse block, but that didn't get it. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 18 August 2003 - 03:36 PM

My 87 turbowagon does that too(used to have the ride height suspension.. been converted). still haven't figured out how to get rid of it. that flashy light is irritating.

#3 falling

falling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 18 August 2003 - 03:40 PM

It is very annoying. The previous owner had a piece of masking tape stuck over it. I would rather figure out how to get the switch out and pull the wire to it instead.

#4 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:25 PM

If it is the switch in the dash that flashes, just pry the switch out with a small flat blade screw driver and unplug it. You can go to a junk yard and get the plastic plug out of any Legacy 90-94 that does not have height control, then you can just remove the switch entirely.

#5 falling

falling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:33 PM

Ok small screwdriver it is, was wondering if it would be that simple. Thanks !

#6 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,568 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 18 August 2003 - 05:30 PM

have you tried to pull the fuse for the height control.

#7 falling

falling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:57 PM

I did pull the fuse from the block, thought that would fix it, but it didn't. But I have now utilized the small screwdriver and disconnected the switch from the wiring harness. I put the switch back in to the original hole, without being conected, just so it looks pretty.

#8 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:36 PM

On the side of the switch are two round plugs. They can be 1/4 turned out. They are two spare light bulbs now, if you need them for another switch or panel on your dash.

All of the soobs I've had (85-97) use that same type of base on the dash bulbs. Some of the bulbs are different lengths and colors though.

#9 falling

falling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:09 AM

Excellent Information, Thanks Dave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users