Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MoAb [pics and video]

dustyrider

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't Tim. . . Nothing good will ever come with trying to show the pirate people the good fun we have in our Soobs. Pirate Board = 10% good folks, 90% hot heads.

True that. They would get a good luagh and scoff at the thought of considering a Subaru an ORV :rolleyes: Many are still in denial of Subarus on the Rubicon! :lol:

Please don't Tim. . . Nothing good will ever come with trying to show the pirate people the good fun we have in our Soobs. Pirate Board = 10% good folks, 90% hot heads.

I never would, it was just the thought about how they treated you daring lads on the 'con. Now we (as a community) own two of their claims to fame. Any one for the Black Hills of SD??????:grin: Tim

Hey Ya'll,

I know I been gone for a while, but now you're talkin my language. I grew up in Utah (and currently 6 hours north of Moab for the holidays) Many a jeans have been worn from sliding down slick rock. Those trails used to be my playground/paradise. Fresh Air, Red Rocks and Blue Sky...Oh! And don't forget the Sugar Sand...Andrew sure loves that Sugar Sand, don't ya hun? :lol:

Heh, anyway, GREAT PICS! And wish I coulda been there!

-Ahna

Qman, Zap, Tex.......When We going.......:)

I think A couple OB/OBS properly Prepaired would Be the Shiznit out there......:slobber:

Do I hear any Volunteers...... :cool:

Need to start chatting about it now for this coming Summer...... :headbang:

Nice Pics Guys......I saved several for Wallpaper......You guys are close enough to do some serious ReCon For us all...... :D

Later, John

Qman, Zap, Tex.......When We going.......:)

I think A couple OB/OBS properly Prepaired would Be the Shiznit out there......:slobber:

Whenever we do go, we're gonna have to make sure we don't plan it around the same time as hundreds of Jeeps are leaving and hundreds of Toyotas are making their way in. ;)

OBS, eh?

Dusty, Singletrack.

You guys got more video? Sure would love to add it to my collection!

Whenever we do go, we're gonna have to make sure we don't plan it around the same time as hundreds of Jeeps are leaving and hundreds of Toyotas are making their way in.
More like thousands of Jeeps! The Easter Jeep Safari is obscenely huge, like every campsite or hotel room in 50 miles is taken huge. But that's prolly the only time to avoid, the Toyota event isn't nearly as big. Well, August is kinda HOT also.

I say winter, as you don't have to share with 10,000 of your closest friends and the weather is still awesome. There are a few spots inaccesible in winter, due more to deathmud and rockslides than snow.

You guys got more video?
We HAD another awesome one, best of the day, but Dave managed to erase it from the digi camera.:banghead::).

Edit: I have another one, but Bresnan is being funky and all my server space at skool is used up.... so no host right now.

keep it at the top, the ol'lady and i were in moab in august.(in a minivan)eeeccchhhh!but we loved it and would love to go back.i even told her we would have to go down in the brat so we could get farther into it.SHE SAID OK ,so it would be really rad to do it with others.......keep it goin and we all can go...

Would it even be possible for us all to get together for a subaru event in Moab? That seems like a SWEET spot to maybe have the next Subaru meet. We could probably get it sponsered like all those Jeep and Toy events... That'd be great to get a whole gathering of Subaru's there, as there would be plenty of trails for lifted and nonlifted subarus to have fun with. I think it's something to seriously consider. I'm in.:brow:

Would it even be possible for us all to get together for a subaru event in Moab?
The question is why hasn't there been a Subie event in Moab? What we did down there, it's not like we were setting out for the Rubicon or something. :brow:

What I mean to say is all yinz lifted boys could handle it [easily] as well.

....as there would be plenty of trails for lifted and nonlifted subarus to have fun with....
Yeah there's routes like the White Rim - 110 miles of other-wordly scenery - that are perfect for a stock 4x Ru. Also many more-challenging routes that don't require a lift.

Furthermore, if anybody busts up their stuff, me and Dustyrider's Backyard Subaru-Haven is a short tow away. Not that you'll need it.:lol:

Looks Great! Love the Pics!

I thought those pics were Poison Spider! I have long suspected PS was doable, my only concern was the first real obstacle. Other than that PS is great scenery and a nice challenge. I smell roast clutch?:eek:

There are a handful of other trails that I think are Subable and most are 3.5 to 4+ trails. :rolleyes:

There is a Moab trip in the works. It has been kept off the radar screen because we wanted qualified/capable vehicles on the trails to make a good showing for Subaru. :headbang:

Having said that, those problems could be avoided, if you match the particular trail to the vehicle, doing so, you should have no problems.

Moab 2005!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I have long suspected PS was doable
Well, you were right!:grin:

my only concern was the first real obstacle. I smell roast clutch?
The whole mile or so between the big sand pits was pretty hairy. The first obstacle, "The Waterfall" was tricky cause the sun hadn't hit it yet that day and was wet and slick.... and your like a foot from that jeep sized death-hole!

But there wasn't any burning clutch. Really. The wagon can lunge up the ledges well enough, and Dave just used ramming speed all day! I saw the hatch unexpectedly leave the ground a number of times!

We had a mechanical leaving camp on Sandflats that morning; the wagon blew out both accesory belts, which knocked my dipstick out (found it floating around the engine bay) and pulled the wire off the oil pressure senor... No big deal. The dudes at CarQuest thought we were pretty wacky. They also thought the Hatch was a Justy.:mad:

There are a handful of other trails that I think are Subable and most are 3.5 to 4+ trails.
Gold Bar, Steel Bender are next on my list. Gold bar has one huge ledge that might require some rock-stacking. You say there's a big move on SB that could give us some trouble, but I can't picture it so I'm gonna pretend it's not a problem 'till I'm staring at it.:cool:

Also, I dunno if you heard, but some work was done on that gas pipe on Amasa/Cliff Hanger.... They ran heavy equipment up there and cleared most of the rock and backfilled most of the ledges.... So difficulty went from 4+ to a 3 at best. Lame.