Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MoAb [pics and video]

dustyrider

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one?:lol:

Dave's in NH with his family, thus he hasn't been posting. Aparently, an ea82 y-pipe will bolt up, so we've got a complete non-leaky exhaust on my partswagon.

Got an EA81 pipe on my EA82 sooooo.... should bolt right up :) HOpefully the cat wont hit on the x-member ? You'll find out :drunk:

If I seen Subies on the 'Con, I would HAVE to cheer you awn 100%. Although truthfully under my breathe I would be wondering how far you could make it scine you have to use a lot og go peddle to get over stuff.... But really most of the trail is pretty mild and there are bypasses around most of the gnarly stuff. Heck if the engineers at Jeep can drag a Liberty thru it, a built Subie should be able to do it from start to finish with only being winched a few times. Nothing like taking an under-powered, under-sized, unknown 4wd CAR through an Epic trail like the 'Con........ I enjoy listening to the storys from Mudrat79's adventure down there. Maybe someday I will have big enough balls to do it in a Subie, but for know I think I still would rather take my 4runner. The people that I went down there with thought I was NUTS for driving my 4runner down there, then doing the whole trail (Including the Sluice Box!) and driving it back home. Everyone else towed....

I completely apologize for getting so off topic. . .

We broke plenty of stuff on the Rubicon, but had all the spare parts and a welder. (used part of the handle from a hi-lift to repair a strut. lol) We did indeed drive Ken's Brat back to Oregon after we beat it on the Rubicon.

I filmed most of our little adventure and put out DVDs after we got back. Funny thing is, we've since discovered the "Wall" trail at Reiters Pit, it's every bit as dificult as anything we tackled on the Rubicon, except there's bigtime mud too. I kinda feel dumb for traveling 122 miles to 4X when it's right here in our back yard. lol

Now that we've worked out the quirks involved in building Soobs with transfer cases and the like, I think we'd make pretty light work of the terrain we went thru last time. We'd be laughing at Caddy Hill. ;) Post pile, shmost pile. lol I think Ken's Brat would jump at the chance of re-doing the trails we did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be all over Moab, but I've had my fill of desert for a couple of years. Maybe in a few when my boy is old enough to come with me. Beautiful country, makes for awesome photos that's for sure.

Ya, actually you can have the whole exhaust off of that new hatch I got if you want it. I'm doing some custom exhaust and don't need it.

Hey do you know what head wreckers are? I think the real name is hefinrefer or something like that. Grab me a sixpack if you can get it.

Ya, actually you can have the whole exhaust off of that new hatch I got if you want it. I'm doing some custom exhaust and don't need it.

Hey do you know what head wreckers are? I think the real name is hefinrefer or something like that. Grab me a sixpack if you can get it.

ok!

• 4 years later...

Dustyrider,

Sorry to revive a dead thread... Are these pics and videos available anywhere? Would love to see them.

-Daniel

That would be great, as a lot of us arrived a little too late...:banana:

Yeah, ditto!!

I'd like to see them too.

Although, I took my wife's IMP out yesterday. You know, "just to see"

We'd just replaced the tired FOR struts with new GR2s and I've been wondering how it'd climb anyway, AND she's out of town for a couple weeks :brow:

Result? A few runs (up and down front and back) baby lion's back and a little run through entrance of Hell's revenge.

Baby Lion's back is a walk up, and NO problems getting into Hell's revenge (really sorry, no pix or vidz of that run). Probly ran 3/4 mile up hell's revenge to the sweet Moab overlook. Open diffs SUCK, but it all worked out, with the all weather street tires and all ;)

enjoy. and I TOO would LOVE to see those older Moab pix and vidz!!

baby lion's back frontside climb

baby lions back frontside

baby lion's back backside drop

baby lions back backside_drop

[url=

][/url]:banana::banana::banana::banana::grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin::) :) :) :)

Hello,

[subscribed to see those pics, too, as I'm just starting a lift project with my '05 STI (though as I get ready to take the tools to my baby, I'm also considering GTP'ing the '05 to switch to a hatch and then lifting the hatch...)]

Joel

Yeah, ditto!!

I'd like to see them too.

Although, I took my wife's IMP out yesterday. You know, "just to see"

We'd just replaced the tired FOR struts with new GR2s and I've been wondering how it'd climb anyway, AND she's out of town for a couple weeks :brow:

Result? A few runs (up and down front and back) baby lion's back and a little run through entrance of Hell's revenge.

Baby Lion's back is a walk up, and NO problems getting into Hell's revenge (really sorry, no pix or vidz of that run). Probly ran 3/4 mile up hell's revenge to the sweet Moab overlook. Open diffs SUCK, but it all worked out, with the all weather street tires and all ;)

enjoy. and I TOO would LOVE to see those older Moab pix and vidz!!

baby lion's back frontside climb

baby lion's back backside drop

baby lions back backside_drop

:banana::banana::banana::banana::grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin::) :) :) :)

Very Cool!!

Ummm... Is there a Moab Like place in Dallas... j/k

-Daniel

x8 on wanting to see the Moab pics...

also, where is this "baby lion's back" at? what trail? what direction out of Moab?

Baby lion's back is east out of moab up the sand flats road, past lion's back (LOTS of you tube videos of this one, one on particular with a bronco coming down WITHOUT brakes), and just past Hell's revenge, just before the parking lot for the slickrock mt. bike trail.