Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn. guys with aftermarket 5-lug rims, need help!

I've been looking at some aftermarket rims for my RX once the 5-lug is complete. I remember seeing Tex's RX with 18's and they seemed a bit too big for my liking (and everyone elses apparently) so I'm in need of some help. I'm looking at these rims shown below for my black '89 RX. I'm looking at 17x8, 5x100 lug pattern and 46mm offset. Would this be too much for my RX? I'm also planning on lowering the RX with coilovers and getting aftermarket struts for it as well. If anyone wants the link it here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674643&page=1&pp=25 The price on these bad boys would be $480 shipped minus tires and lug which is a steal for Sparcos! Also if anyone can photoshop these rims onto my RX for me, I would appreciate it. There's pics of it in my gallery. So let the opinions fly!

*Edit* They also have them in 17x7's which would fit a lot better and have less rubbing issues I think. $420 shipped with no tires and lugs, Gorilla Lugs are an extra $40....three.jpg

17x7

And even then you will have to go with some stiff coilovers to avoid rubbing.. probably a little fender rolling as well.. The offset is not bad, but if you go with 17x8, you will probably end up with a little bit of tire sticking out of the fender well..

18's were only on the car for a short time (about a week). At stock spring height it sat too high off the ground, but there wasn't any fender gap. Oh, and rubbed on every bump in the road.

I'm now rolling on 16"s. And lowered about an inch... maybe 2 all the way around.

Lets just say, that I occasionally have to have someone lift up the front bumper to get the jack past the front dam...

17's will work, but you will need to put a fairly low profile tire on them... 40-45 for them to look decent.

Lets just say, that I occasionally have to have someone lift up the front bumper to get the jack past the front dam...

Yeah I know all about that. Having a lowered Brat and a non low profile jack make it so.

I was thinkin about 205/40R17's for it. Roll the fenders or give em a little flare job should do the trick I think.

Oh and can anyone photoshop those rims onto my RX? Or an RX in general, preferably black? Thanks for the input guys, 5-lug should be bought and on the car in the next few days I hope!