Ultimate Subaru Message Board

X-USA (continental) Trip *Is a "GO!"*... Shipping Opportunity!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost went to bed without mentioning/thanking the members that I met today.

There's edrach... well, really, MRS edrach, seeing as how ed was watching our local professional :rolleyes: sports team choke yet again. At least when my daughter and I went last week the Seahawks won. Anyway, if edrach is nearly as nice as his wife then he is a great guy.

And mudrat79, who was not having a good couple of days... made my problems with a cranky trailer seem minor. Mudrat, hopefully you made it home and to sleep without incident.

Swisscheese is sending some free brake parts off to Ohio. Thanks for posting where Waldo was!

Dropped down to qman's, who helped me to repack the truck to make room for an engine and a pacel of wheels. In the process of rearranging things, he "cured" by cranky trailer problems.

...and Mrs. qman (qwoman???) and Billy.

Then, turbone shows up and we shoot the breeze for far longer than I should have but much shorter than I wanted to. Gotta go back after the trip when I have more time.

And several times during the day there was always moosen, helping however he could. Thanks for re-scheduling the pickup for the morning... I I never was much good dialing and driving.

I think I got everybody, and apologize if I forgot someone.

Manana (<-- there is a tilde there)!

Pat

Anyway, if edrach is nearly as nice as his wife then he is a great guy.

yeah he is a great guy all around

Jason,I hear you sent some nice west coast rust along.

yeah some surface rust at the bottoms of the fenders but a wire brush and some POR15 will fix that considering you hafta paint them anyways :)

and hope your trip is a good one Pat!!! and if you get past Wall Drug you will now know what it is lol

Today I met some more fine people.

There of course is Pat of Moxee... interesting guy to talk with and several interesting cars and projects... including a car with a VERY expensive paint job.

And monstaru, here in the eastern edge of WA. He and his family are kind enough to put me up for the night, feed me, and let me bathe... good thing for everybody concerned.

Barracuda dropped by, and the 3 of us talked for far longer than my schedule would permit. Some things are more important than schedules, and I will just have to make it up later. I enjoyed every minute of it.

In a couple hours I will be off again, heading to Caboobaru's. A very long leg, I will have to leave early so that I can take my time.

That's what your trip is really all about,meeting people,taking a little time and enjoying it.I really hope you are enjoying it.Too often I find myself not able to relax as much or as long as I should because I have that itch to always get onto the next thing to do.

No hurry on my end.The longer you take the better.If you get here Friday that'll be really great.We can really throw a hell raisin' hootinanny(spell check me,I'm a city boy dammit).Or if it's Saturday or Sunday I sure won't cry.

Safety and enjoyment first.I know you'll get here so please don't rush on my account.

Happy bathing!

Cheers

Enjoying a few shrimps on the BarBee here in Sydney... ok well, it is really steak on the barbeque in Sidney, OH.

Stopped by Eric's in Normal... He could probably use some pics of mounts for rear swaybar he bought for his GL.

After some socializing here, I will be off for the last leg of the first half of my trip. MOOSENS!!! on Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!!!

Glad to hear you made it to Jim's place. Wishing I could've made the trip down to meet up with you.

Besides, I'll take a steak on the grill over fried chicken any day. Incase you missed the drift there, we're have chicken for dinner tonight. Rather of had steak............ Mother-in-Law does some good fried chicken, but still...........

Jim........ Stuff a $20.00 in Pat's pocket for me. I'll get it back to you.