Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Forester off-road mods

felipe01forester

Hi, I'm new, as you can probably tell. I came across this site as I was trying to find out how to modify my 2001 Forester to make it a bit more off-roadworthy. The last time I went off-roading, I learned the hard way that I needed a lift. The cheesy stock plastic engine guard was all messed up, forcing me to take it off and leaving my engine exposed to the elements. I would like a lift, maybe some bigger tires, or if I really had some money to burn, I'd rather get an adjustable air suspension so I can raise and lower it at will (if that's even available for a Subie). I've heard of Mudrat on this board and that he does good work, but I'd rather find someone closer to my area because I don't have that much money to spend. So, if anyone on this board knows of anyone within the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas that can do a lift on a 2001 Forester L, I'd like to know. Thanks!

contact the guys at jbcc offroad.it is in azle ,texas.right around your area if i am not mistaken.he may be able to point you in the direction of a good fabricator for offroad goodies.keep in mind that anyone you talk to is going to think you are totally insane for wanting to do something like that to a forrester , but be persistent.someone will share your vision.http://store.jbccoffroad.com/index.html

Yeah I'd have to agree... don't take no crap. Some friendly ribing will be expected when you approach people on your ideas. Just that some tend to be assenhymers about stuff and go too far. Find someone willing to work with you; not someone who just wants to take your money.

Don't forget pics of this thing when youre done :D