Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Forester off-road mods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 felipe01forester

felipe01forester

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Boston,

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:56 PM

Hi, I'm new, as you can probably tell. I came across this site as I was trying to find out how to modify my 2001 Forester to make it a bit more off-roadworthy. The last time I went off-roading, I learned the hard way that I needed a lift. The cheesy stock plastic engine guard was all messed up, forcing me to take it off and leaving my engine exposed to the elements. I would like a lift, maybe some bigger tires, or if I really had some money to burn, I'd rather get an adjustable air suspension so I can raise and lower it at will (if that's even available for a Subie). I've heard of Mudrat on this board and that he does good work, but I'd rather find someone closer to my area because I don't have that much money to spend. So, if anyone on this board knows of anyone within the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas that can do a lift on a 2001 Forester L, I'd like to know. Thanks!

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:24 PM

contact the guys at jbcc offroad.it is in azle ,texas.right around your area if i am not mistaken.he may be able to point you in the direction of a good fabricator for offroad goodies.keep in mind that anyone you talk to is going to think you are totally insane for wanting to do something like that to a forrester , but be persistent.someone will share your vision.http://store.jbccoff....com/index.html

#3 felipe01forester

felipe01forester

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Boston,

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:05 PM

Alright, thanks. I'll check them out.

#4 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:13 PM

Yeah I'd have to agree... don't take no crap. Some friendly ribing will be expected when you approach people on your ideas. Just that some tend to be assenhymers about stuff and go too far. Find someone willing to work with you; not someone who just wants to take your money.

Don't forget pics of this thing when youre done :D

#5 felipe01forester

felipe01forester

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Boston,

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:07 PM

Will do. If you want to see how she looks now, check out my photo gallery and see what you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users