Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well I'm no professional, but I changed thermostats yesterday, but it seems the car will still get hot after a bit and the heater is working and not working. But when after awhile it blows steam and water from the passenger bottom side of the radiator. Is this a defective radiator or somthing worse. Help please. Thanks,

tim

the question would be was it the cause of the problem, or was it caused by the problem? I would take it off and have it tested by a radiator shop to start with. At the worst you will have repaired that part of the problem, and at the bset you might have fixed it.

Good that you are replacing the radiator, and with a better one that came with the car, but that may not be all of your problem. . .

when you refil with coolant after replacing the radiator, be sure and "burp" the system real well. Air pockets will cause just such a problem as you described, and may be the reason teh original radiator cracked. . .