Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Video {56k i woulden't do it}

nicky nighteyes

This is video of last weekend, usual place, but EVEN WETTER, DEEPER, and WORSE this time:

Damage Report:

steering linkage bushing destroyed

diff hanger bent

front cv boot torn

shift linkage impeded by log (temporary)

plenty of door dents

some weird thunk noise I think might be a tranny mount

and one submerged hatch, fine now, just a little soggy

Please right click and save as to preserve server bandwidth.

mudhole 1 (4.8MB)

mudhole 2 (2.7MB)

mudhole 3 (14MB

The Soob Eater (26MB)

You can hear where the engine starts sucking water. You'll probably not do that again, but if I were you, I'd get a snorkel on that hatch just in case. Or, try to devise something where you can switch between a snorkel and the normal intake because the snorkel does cut back on the engine power a bit, so you wouldn't want to use it all the time... just when you need it.

Not to be a backseat mudder.. but I believe in what i call "gunt"ing it going through a mudhole. Its kinda a mix between "punch" and "gun" it. refering to the throttle. Advice often shouted by the passenger, me, while my friend timidly drives through mudholes or snow hills. Many expletives accompany the advise. just floor it when in slipery stuff, and use momentum to your advantage.

he should have never gone in that hole, now he has all sorts of crazy ideas about watertight hatches in the floorboards to purposly flood the car or water tanks on the back;) so he can get some traction in the REAL DEEP

The only one I had time to watch before I skipped out was hat last one. Absolutely great. So now we know the answer to the eternal question: Sinker or Floater? :lol:

jawdrop.gif

But that was one serious hole. Kickass vid. :headbang:

he should have never gone in that hole, now he has all sorts of crazy ideas about watertight hatches in the floorboards to purposly flood the car or water tanks on the back;) so he can get some traction in the REAL DEEP

Here's a crazy idea too!

Poke a stick in there next time and find out how deep it is :lol:

that was so cool man, when you get stuck in mud/water that doesnt make you float, try moving steering wheel all the way right and going in reverse, then switch to the wheel being all the way to the left and go in reverse, it will help sometimes. good to see you guys brought plenty of tow rope though lol.

Had a stock 86 brat I took through a hole like that once. Well i should say over because i hit it FAST!( 3rd gear, lo range!!!) and skimmed over the top!!! Any way, cool vidios and i hope that moter lived. I have a 91 loyale now that i hope to make into a crawler. Had an 88 toyota 4x4 that i crawled with in colorado, was going to get another toy but now i think i want to build a subaru, just to be different. just wish the 91 loyale had duel range insted of the push button single speed(yuk!) t-case. Any how, have a wet one!

straght pipe for the exhaust, engine is fine, I think he is running 2 in pipe

LOL... Say, that is an interesting thought. Scuttle hatches or ballast tanks. With some heavy duty seals, a snorkel or maybe a nicely retrofitted scuba tank, you could turn that hatch into a submarine and cruise around the floor of the local lake.

i think thats what he is trying to do, should make some good footage!

Here's a crazy idea too!

Poke a stick in there next time and find out how deep it is :lol:

oh we knew how deep it was, he was suffering from snorkelitis, get one and just REALLY want to push those limits. fortunatly mine aint done yet so I have no such malady. YET

• 8 months later...