Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Exhaust collector question

Studs are 10 mm diameter, 1.25 pitch. Nuts are stainless steel, and take 14 mm deep socket.

If you're buying new studs, try to get the ones with continuous thread, so that it won't matter which end you thread into the head. If you get the ones with an unthreaded piece, you'll need to insert the shorter threaded length into the head.

I can't tell you how much these studs are from a dealer. A local fastener supply place carries them at $2.08 Canadian each, plus taxes.

I was kinda wondering if they were stainless. Are the studs stainless also? I wonder if Subaru would still stock them?

Yea suby still stocks them but there like 5 bone go to tacoma screw they hace um for like 2 as far as stainless tacoma screw would probably get them if you want then Im sure thers one by you some where LT

the dealers SHOULD stock them, as the nuts are the same ones used one ALL turbo cars....and studs are a little more iffy...

SUBARU stock massive number of them in the warehouses.

Be warned...the nuts are NOT cheap. But WELL worth the $...that way you dont end up with rusty stuff when you need to redo something or what not.

if you ask or have them look them up, they may say that they don't have any exhaust bolts that fit or there is no part number listed for a subaru. but they will have ones that work. they may not be EXACTLY the same, but you'd never notice the difference. i've always found it best to take one in and match it up.