Ultimate Subaru Message Board

places water can get in on a weber?

nicky nighteyes

silicone, around a carb?! thats scary

a carb is air tight, it works off of vacum it has to be sealed up or gas and air would get out and in.

you will be cool with the snorkel on top. unless the throttle shaft is worn out it shouldnt suck any air or water anywhere other than the air filter area.

silicone, around a carb?! thats scary

a carb is air tight, it works off of vacum it has to be sealed up or gas and air would get out and in.

you will be cool with the snorkel on top. unless the throttle shaft is worn out it shouldnt suck any air or water anywhere other than the air filter area.

not so, the carb itself is airtight but the choke housing is not. so if you have your snorkel adapter on air or water can still get in through the hole where the choke arm sits. I know because if I cover the intake entirely (witht he cover on) the engine still runs

good call skip, any ideas on how to seal that?

No one mentioned the fuel bowl vent

btw Morgan and chef tim: I dont think you understand what i am trying to say, there IS a hole the choke arm goes through which would be a hole on the air cleaner in a stock setup (this would not affect the vacuum of the carb given it is flowing into the AIR CLEANER) however on a snorkel, water could flow throught the same hole. you can see the thing if you pull off the top of your air cleaner

but with the size of the holes/opening you speak of, you'd have to have the engine totally submersed to have them leak to the point of causing problems, and if you are in water that deep, you have more problems :)

the disty is vented on the bottom for one, your clutch would be soaked, and you'd have waterlogged most of your wiring and interior by that point......

look at who you are talking to mick......sorry couldn't help it.:drunk:

Owner of the famous Subaru Submarine!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::headbang:

you do have a point about the disty Mick, definitly next on the list, interior dont matter, and wiring shoudent *cross fingers* be too badly afftected as long as I stay out of saltwater :-\

(dosent even get to the stereo inside until you got the entire hood under water, and I aint ever going that deep again *cross fingers again*

;) )