Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Price for 05 Outback wagon in New England?

Anyone bought or rsearched an Outback 2.5i w/auto in New England? The MSRP is a little different here because Boch is the distributor.

One delaer shows MSRP as $25,790, and invoice of $24,190. Best price I have so far is $24,000.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $23500. Walk out with your number of course

If I was you I would call around a little and don't be afraid to drive a little to get a good deal. I went up to Bill Kolb Jr subaru in SE NY state on friday and was talking a little with them. They seemed decient people to work with but if you are really into working it a little call up Becker subaru in Allentown PA and see what they will do for you.

Subaru's web site really makes it easy to find dealers and to search their stock of cars....

Good luck on your search...I've been lookin myself for about 2 months now...

Matt

As mentioned in the header, I asked for New England pricing because they're all CA emissions. It's not worth the time or effort to travel far, especially since geting it into service this year gets me an addiitional $4,000 in accelerated depreciation, and I have a $1,000 discount coupon from Subaru USA.

Ah the tax thing. I've been trying to do the same with an F250 :) . Actual cost of our 03 was like $25???. I got a quote from another dealer with a same model (dealer driven car with almost 1k on the odo) took that to the closest place with a 5 speed GT and they matched it. I even went so far as to say the color wasn't quite as nice as the other one (which I never saw) and negotiated a hidden hitch installed plus a ski attachment.

That said I'll never go back to that dealer (Matt Slap Subaru in Deleware) as their dealer prep of the car was non-existant and they were not the easiest to deal with when a couple issues came about from their prep or lack of. My advice get a quote from a dealer a little further away then use that as negotiating but buy it at a dealer you "trust".

Check www.vanbortelsubaru.com. I've heard of several folks flying into Rochester NY from Maine, etc and still saved $$$ from their local dealer. They've got pricing on their website. May also want to call the other 2 Rochester (Doyle & Piehler) area dealers, since they compete with Van Bortel all the time, they may be cheaper. The other 2 dealers sell other products as well, so Subaru's are not their only means of money making.

It should only be a long weekend trip to get back from Rochester... You can stop into Nick Tahous and get a famous "Garbage Plate" for lunch, and stop by the Dinosaur BBQ for dinner... MMMMM, I'm hungry now...:grin:

VanBortsel is $153 more than the local dealer price.

I wound up buying a Honda Accord V6. I didn't want a turbo and you can only buy the H6 with a bunch of other stuff. I tested the Accord on Monday (in snow) and it was surprisingly capable, while being immensely more powerful than the 2.5 Subaru and EPA 30 mpg on the highway.

If the dealer salespeople had not been such dolts we would have just purchased the Subaru without looking at anything else. But I refuse to buy from unprofessional salespeople. Just posted my 97 OBW for sale, but if I don't get what I want I'll keep it for a winter beater.

VanBortsel is $153 more than the local dealer price.

They are quite insistant that they are the cheapest in the US. Won several supplier awards, etc... Guess that you can't always believe what they advertise...

Enjoy your new Honda, Good friends of ours just got an Accord and an Acura TL 3.2, they love them both... My sister had her 96 Accord for 140k, with little issue...

Anyone bought or rsearched an Outback 2.5i w/auto in New England? The MSRP is a little different here because Boch is the distributor.

One delaer shows MSRP as $25,790, and invoice of $24,190. Best price I have so far is $24,000.

Not sure where in NE you are... here's the scoop in I heard from a VW sales manager Mass. Service is getting to be a privilege.

Shopping on-line for cars is so popular, getting a lower price is easy.

Dealerships that provide low, low pricing can't usually handle the service aspect due the volume of sales... therefore long wait times for service appointments. And the distance to the dealership is most likely an issue for the buyer.

Now, here's the kicker, if you bypass your local dealerships that may be selling at "normal" pricing, sell fewer cars but can handle the servicing. Some may choose to only provide service to the customers who bought the car from them... so if you bought it elsewhere for less, it could take the ok from the General Manager as to whether you get service in a timely manner, or at all!

I thought that was a rather revengeful way of doing business but I guess it's catching on. I'm not sure if that will be the case but saving a few hundred may cost you in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya'll are lucky, there are 5 Subaru dealers within 30 miles of my home in Berkeley. None of them will deal. In this part of the country we Love our Subes. The dealers know it too. When I pulled up in my 91 Loyale then new they had me from the minute I walked in. I drove out in a new Black on black paying only 2200 under sticker. My new Outback rules though. I will post pictures soon.

post-2593-13602759872_thumb.jpg